This Week In New Music: Nick Cave, Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, Iceage, Sallie Ford
Listen to new songs and full albums from Lusine, Samantha Crain and more
Listen to new music out this week, from Sallie Ford, Nick Cave, Samantha Crain, Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Iceage, Lusine and Sin Fang.
I've frothed over Sallie Ford & The Sound Outside many times before, and their new album "Untamed Beast" has me in a damned-near tizzy. It was released on Tuesday, and you can stream it in all it's full-throated, big bassy, dumbfounding glory here.
In case you missed it, I've been trying to give away an autographed vinyl copy of Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds' new album "Push the Sky Away," so help me. In the meantime, you can hear that whole damn, somewhat understated (for Cave) effort right here.
Oklahoma-based, folk-inspired rocker Samantha Crain has another new one, too. "Kid Face" not only has a delightful name, but a sparse-but-lush arrangement around her trove of lyrics. She gets wiser with age, and at 26 with three albums and one EP, I can't wait to hear more and more. Hear "Kid Face" in whole here.
Bonnie "Prince" Billy is putting something out every other week, which means every other every other week my heart breaks with good music. He and longtime collabo Dawn McCarthy made a whole album of Everly Brothers covers, "What the Brothers Sang," and released this week. KCRW has the whole stream here.
Copenhagen punk-rockers Iceage put out their second full-length "You're Nothing" out through Matador this week. It sounds like hormones on fire, so here's "Ecstacy" in case you thought you had your sh*t together.
Jamie Lidell has all these sneaky, sexy dance songs fitted in-between seasoned funk freak-outs, and his new, self-titled album has plenty of both. And the video "You Naked" is both. MySpace has his whole damn album streaming, and -- I swear to God -- if it didn't take me five different tries to try and establish a new damn profile on the damn new damn MySpace, I'd recommend you listen to it there. Alas. So here's just the video.
Ghostly put out one of my favorite albums last year -- Matthew Dear's "Beams" -- so it doesn't surprise me they have something else that I love this early into 2013. Check out this chilly action from electronica mastermind Lusine, called "Another Tomorrow."
The first time I listened to Sin Fang's organized, noisy kum-ba-ya "Flowers," I was like, "no... wait, let me hear that again." Then it was like, "huh." Then, "I got this," and now, "Listen to this loveable nonsense."
News From Our Partners
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After
- GIFS: 10 TV Housekeepers That Ran The Show Megan Smolenyak: Celebrity Roots Series "Who Do You Think You Are?" Returns This Is Going To Be AMAZING
- T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive Demi Lovato to Have Her Tonsils Removed
- Hear This: An early Walkmen song gets anti-nostalgic Watch This: Thunder Road is one of the first, and finest, automotive action movies off the Hollywood lot Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra
- Xbox One Will Require Daily Internet Connection 'Hannibal' "Trou Normand" Preview: Is Will Losing His Mind? Quantum Break Trailer: Remedy Returns With Xbox One Exclusive
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
From the Billboard Music Awards: 'Miguel would make a cool country duet'Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Jared Leto takes a turn at shaman-Jesus, againTuesday, May 21, 2013
Brooklyn five-piece have done it again, with a melancholy (and lively) set of winnersMonday, May 20, 2013
R&B singer ain't nothin' to relate toFriday, May 17, 2013