T.I.'s 'Trouble Man' gets a new release date, 'Ball' single with Lil Wayne out soon
'Ball' gets a butt cover; Will #troublemantuesdays catch on?
Kanye West had his G.O.O.D. Fridays, now T.I.'s gunning for Trouble Man Tuesdays. The rapper has officially launched the #troublemantuesdays initiative today (Oct. 9) with the release of some behind-the-scenes photos of his video shoot with Lil Wayne for their single release "Ball." That song is not yet available, but has a promised Oct. 16 iTunes sales sticker on it.
Photos from the video shoot appear to feature some partying around New Orleans and some newly erected houses, and since it co-stars NOLA's own Lil Wayne, there's a skate ramp. Of course.
As for its cover, it's decidedly less community-oriented, rather it features the picture of a woman's butt in some flattering underwear. Now, given that said woman's butt will help to propel sales, I fully expect that the song -- when it is released -- will feature nothing but positive and edifying things to say about women.
This being the umpteenth single/promotional single/teaser single for "Trouble Man," Atlantic is crossing its fingers that
"Butt" "Ball" will stick, and have selected the last onsale date for an album pre-Christmas this year for the drop of "Trouble Man": Dec. 18. This appears to be the final release date, after "oft-delayed" and "Trouble Man" have become synonymous throughout this summer and fall.
News From Our Partners
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
Brooklyn five-piece have done it again, with a melancholy (and lively) set of winnersMonday, May 20, 2013
R&B singer ain't nothin' to relate toFriday, May 17, 2013
In case you were wondering, he's talking about 'straight sex'Thursday, May 16, 2013
Singer reveals abusive relationship and 'bittersweet' feelings toward BeyonceWednesday, May 15, 2013