R.E.M.'s 'Blue' video directed by James Franco, featuring Lindsay Lohan: Watch
Terry Richardson, you rascal
If today felt slightly more funeralesque than any usual Friday, it might be because of the new music video from the now-deceased R.E.M. About a year and a couple of months after the legendary rock troupe called it quits, they've unleashed a clip for "Blue," off of final "Collapse Into Now," directed by human hallucinogen James Franco and troubled star Lindsay Lohan.
Zip up your pants and get ready for a litany of cross-fades, a bleating mass of L.A. landscapes and characters, all over top the spoken-word, sad-sung mixture of Michael Stipe and Co.'s Lou Reedian nightmare. Franco can't help but insert himself into some shots, and Lohan's image fades inas she's being photographed by Terry Richardson (whose pervy, contemporary stylings have erupted this week for Lady Gaga's "Cake" promo-erection).
So Lohan's in a frame within a frame, as she struggles with fame. I see what you did there, Franco, but I'm still wary of that "Great and Powerful Oz" trailer.
News From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 6 Adds 'The Shield's CCH Pounder As… David Boreanaz, Minka Kelly, Tom Felton and More Go 'Full Circle' for DirecTV Syfy's 'Helix': David Slade Directing 'Battlestar Galactica' Creator Ron Moore's New Series
- Quicksilver in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past': Evan Peters Cast as Magneto's Son 'Poltergeist' Reboot May Actually Be a Sequel Brad Pitt Shocks Fans at 'World War Z' Screening (VIDEO)
- The Saturdays Are Sexy Housewives Seeking a 'Gentleman' in New Video Enter for a Chance to See Emblem3 Live on 'Good Morning America!' Bruno Mars Rumored for 'American Idol' Judge Spot
- Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More Video: The Hangover Part III Cast Interviews
- Less Jaywalking, More Web-friendly Clips: Dos and Don'ts for Seth Meyers' Late Night Career What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Nashville Season Finale Review: Funerals, Proposals, Car Accidents, Oh My?
- The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Eight: Blue Is The Warmest Color captures a relationship’s rawness and beauty Hear This: Pantera’s “Walk” is the cry of aggrieved, disaffected youth Watch This: Vanishing Point caters to car nuts and existentialists alike
Human time-lapseThursday, May 23, 2013
Ball's in your court, Bruce DickinsonThursday, May 23, 2013
Fire!Thursday, May 23, 2013
From the Billboard Music Awards: 'Miguel would make a cool country duet'Tuesday, May 21, 2013