One Direction wish they were 'cool' enough for a Jay-Z collaboration
Hey, we hear Snoop Dogg's always available
After bowing at No. 1 with their new album "Take Me Home," One Direction are now busily preparing for 101 touring dates for 2013. But a packed schedule isn't keeping the boy band from dreaming a little.
"I would love to do a hip-hop collaboration with Jay-Z," Payne said. "I don't know how to talk to him, though. I think he's wicked. I love Jay-Z. It upsets me that we're not cool enough, but I wish we could."
Define "upset" there, young pup. The group is obviously not doing so bad for itself: does the admission of uncoolness also imply the crew has already tried approaching the "Blueprint"-maker? Because Jay-Z may not work with just anybody, but he's the same man who's shown up with lesser-knowns like Santigold and on pop tracks with Mariah Carey (OK, OK, OK and isn't above still working with nerds like Diddy. There. I said it.).
Payne, adorably, snapped a pic of himself with Hov backstage at Justin Bieber's concert in Brooklyn this fall. He called Jay-Z one of his idols.
"Imagine going on tour with Jay-Z," Zayn Malik also said in the interview. I imagine him saying this while his hands clinch tightly and shake excitedly.
"Lads, I don't think there's much chance," Louis Tomlinson said in response.
One Direction teased that they have an opener already selected for their tour, which bows in February, but wouldn't say who.
"With the last tour, we didn't expect it to be as big as it was," Harry Styles said. "We never expected to do that many dates. I think we did 92 shows, and this time we are kind of preparing it for bigger arenas so we can make the stage a bit bigger. The whole show is bigger, and we're doing, like, 101 dates on the next one, so it's going to be a long one."
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced
- Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More Video: The Hangover Part III Cast Interviews
- Quicksilver in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past': Evan Peters Cast as Magneto's Son 'Poltergeist' Reboot May Actually Be a Sequel Brad Pitt Shocks Fans at 'World War Z' Screening (VIDEO)
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 6 Adds 'The Shield's CCH Pounder As… David Boreanaz, Minka Kelly, Tom Felton and More Go 'Full Circle' for DirecTV Syfy's 'Helix': David Slade Directing 'Battlestar Galactica' Creator Ron Moore's New Series
- The Saturdays Are Sexy Housewives Seeking a 'Gentleman' in New Video Enter for a Chance to See Emblem3 Live on 'Good Morning America!' Bruno Mars Rumored for 'American Idol' Judge Spot
- Is There Hope For Jaime & Brienne Shippers? PHOTOS: Inside Lucille Austero's New Apartment WATCH: Full-Length Trailers For 'The Millers,' 'Hostages' And 'Mom'
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Eight: Blue Is The Warmest Color captures a relationship’s rawness and beauty Hear This: Pantera’s “Walk” is the cry of aggrieved, disaffected youth Watch This: Vanishing Point caters to car nuts and existentialists alike
- Less Jaywalking, More Web-friendly Clips: Dos and Don'ts for Seth Meyers' Late Night Career What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Nashville Season Finale Review: Funerals, Proposals, Car Accidents, Oh My?
Human time-lapseThursday, May 23, 2013
Ball's in your court, Bruce DickinsonThursday, May 23, 2013
Fire!Thursday, May 23, 2013
From the Billboard Music Awards: 'Miguel would make a cool country duet'Tuesday, May 21, 2013