One Direction wish they were 'cool' enough for a Jay-Z collaboration
Hey, we hear Snoop Dogg's always available
After bowing at No. 1 with their new album "Take Me Home," One Direction are now busily preparing for 101 touring dates for 2013. But a packed schedule isn't keeping the boy band from dreaming a little.
"I would love to do a hip-hop collaboration with Jay-Z," Payne said. "I don't know how to talk to him, though. I think he's wicked. I love Jay-Z. It upsets me that we're not cool enough, but I wish we could."
Define "upset" there, young pup. The group is obviously not doing so bad for itself: does the admission of uncoolness also imply the crew has already tried approaching the "Blueprint"-maker? Because Jay-Z may not work with just anybody, but he's the same man who's shown up with lesser-knowns like Santigold and on pop tracks with Mariah Carey (OK, OK, OK and isn't above still working with nerds like Diddy. There. I said it.).
Payne, adorably, snapped a pic of himself with Hov backstage at Justin Bieber's concert in Brooklyn this fall. He called Jay-Z one of his idols.
"Imagine going on tour with Jay-Z," Zayn Malik also said in the interview. I imagine him saying this while his hands clinch tightly and shake excitedly.
"Lads, I don't think there's much chance," Louis Tomlinson said in response.
One Direction teased that they have an opener already selected for their tour, which bows in February, but wouldn't say who.
"With the last tour, we didn't expect it to be as big as it was," Harry Styles said. "We never expected to do that many dates. I think we did 92 shows, and this time we are kind of preparing it for bigger arenas so we can make the stage a bit bigger. The whole show is bigger, and we're doing, like, 101 dates on the next one, so it's going to be a long one."
News From Our Partners
- 'Man Of Steel': Is Zod Superman's Khan? New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights
- 'The World's End' Trailer: Pints, Pals, and Killer Robots! Francis Ford Coppola Directing New Italian-American Saga 'Don Jon' Trailer: Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Scarlett Johansson Go Jersey
- 'Metallica Through the Never' Trailer: Angry Mobs and "Master of Puppets" 'Timecop' Being Remade, As All Movies Eventually Must 'We're The Millers' Red Band NSFW Trailer: Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudeikis Smuggle Drugs
- Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single Watch This: Ronin is a triumph of crime-flick economy Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs
- Justin Bieber's 'Baby' Is Highest-Certified Single in History, But His Monkey Is No Longer His Son Ho Young's Girlfriend Found Dead Listen to The-Dream Collaborate With Beyonce on 'Turnt'
- Charlotte Robinson: Somer Bingham Talks LGBT Issues and Life After The Real L Word (AUDIO) PHOTOS: Has Ellen Had Enough Of LA? Jennifer Aniston On 'Friends' Reunion: 'We All Miss Working Together'
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
From the Billboard Music Awards: 'Miguel would make a cool country duet'Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Jared Leto takes a turn at shaman-Jesus, againTuesday, May 21, 2013
Brooklyn five-piece have done it again, with a melancholy (and lively) set of winnersMonday, May 20, 2013
R&B singer ain't nothin' to relate toFriday, May 17, 2013