Listen to two new Postal Service songs
'A Tattered Line of String' and 'Turn Around' are included on the deluxe 'Give Up' reissue
If the Funny Or Die sketch didn't whet the appetites of The Postal Service fans, the two new songs from the duo may get folks in a tizzy.
"Turn Around" and "A Tattered Line of String" are both included in the deluxe reissue of Postal Service's sole release "Give Up." Ben Gibbard and DNTEL, who make up Postal Service, announced that they'd be headlining at several festivals this summer and going on tour to support their 10th anniversary, so these are pretty new accessories.
Or maybe one of 'em is. "Line of String" is a little more sophisticated, hitting the spot that the first half of "Give Up" gives up. Both tracks feature Jenny Lewis who, since the beginning of this century has dissolved Rilo Kiley, put out some excellent solo efforts and released an album with her boyfriend Johnathan Rice. She played on tour and on the Postal Service album, so it's only right...
"Give Up" will be reissued on April 9 and will feature live, remixed, covered and other versions of the Postal Service's songs. Full tracklist below.
Give Up Deluxe 10th Anniversary Edition Tracklist:
1. The District Sleeps Alone Tonight
2. Such Great Heights
3. Sleeping In
4. Nothing Better
5. Recycled Air
6. Clark Gable
7. We Will Become Silhouettes
8.This Place Is a Prison
9. Brand New Colony
10. Natural Anthem
Disc 2 (New Tracks, Rarities, B-Sides, Remixes, Cover Versions, etc.)
1. Turn Around
2. A Tattered Line of String
3. Be Still My Heart
4. There’s Never Enough Time
5. Suddenly Everything Has Changed
6. Against All Odds (Take a Look At Me Now)
7. Grow Old With Me
8. Such Great Heights (John Tejada Remix)
9. The District Sleeps Alone Tonight (DJ Downfall Persistent Beat Mix)
10. Be Still My Heart (Nobody Remix)
11. We Will Become Silhouettes (Matthew Dear Remix)
12. Nothing Better (Styrofoam Remix)
12. Recycled Air (Live on KEXP)
13. We Will Become Silhouettes (Performed by The Shins)
14. Such Great Heights (Performed by Iron and Wine)
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- 'The Voice' Live Round Recap: The Top 10 Perform Beyonce Is a 'Grown Woman' in Leaked Track Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
Brooklyn five-piece have done it again, with a melancholy (and lively) set of winnersMonday, May 20, 2013
R&B singer ain't nothin' to relate toFriday, May 17, 2013
In case you were wondering, he's talking about 'straight sex'Thursday, May 16, 2013
Singer reveals abusive relationship and 'bittersweet' feelings toward BeyonceWednesday, May 15, 2013