'Lady Gaga Film' premieres as Lady Gaga behaves like Lady Gaga: Watch
Pop star gets a head tattoo -- live! -- and promos perfume at Guggenheim
A few hundred words have been written recently about Lady Gaga's Fame fragrance and it's television commercial. A few more were penned this week as she shaved a new 'do onto her head in an apparent tribute. Last night, the full-length "Lady Gaga Film" bowed at a museum.
These all have something to do with each other, but it's mostly just a week of Lady Gaga being Lady Gaga.
Television commercials for Mother Monster's perfume were culled from a longer film, cleverly titled "Lady Gaga Film," directed by photographer Steven Klein. The 5:30-long clip made a full debut at the Guggenheim Museum in New York, which hosted the fragrance's launch with Gaga herself.
More on the party later. First the film. There's some humping motor oil and a mind-graft with black plastic garbage bags. Gaga first appears as a giant gold idol, then later completely naked with her subjects crawling on her bits. There's some German, chanting and sex. It's very expensive. I think it's art? She thinks it's art.
Anyway, she made quite an entrance with her new consumer purchase item at the Guggenheim, and that entrance was also art.
"The avant garde pop star was in a large bottle — a replica of her 'Fame' fragrance — appearing in the transparent glass where attendees took photos... The entertainer entered on Thursday night on top of a convertible. Inside, she laid in the bottle in a sparkly top, black skirt and red wig," the AP wrote about the pop-art "ARTPOP" star. "Then she took off some clothing and a wig — now appearing in lingerie, including a thong — and began receiving a tattoo of the back of her neck (she shaved the bottom half of the back of her head this week)."
OK, so about that head-shave? Earlier this week, Gaga shaved some of her head into a haircut similar to photog pal Terry Richardson. She did it to honor his mom, who passed away. "I did it for u Terry," she wrote on LittleMonsters.com. "I'm sorry about ure mommy. She has princess die, but were all princess high."
Did you catch that? She forced the title of one of her songs in the middle of offering sympathies, while paying tribute to the living and deceased in a paling, non-sensical way.
Her tribute hair was then conveniently short enough to get a head tattoo (also art) at her promotional event. Whether Terry Richardson's mom died or not, it's entirely possible that she was planning on cutting off all her hair anyway. It's a chicken-before-the-head scenario.
It's also art. ART, DAMMIT.
Lady Gaga's next album is called "ARTPOP" and is tentatively due early next year. "Fame" is her first fragrance and also the title of an album she made.
News From Our Partners
- "Fast & Furious 6" vs. "The Hangover: Part III": Which Movie Should You See? (VIDEO) 'Fast and Furious 6' Review: 10 Things You Should Know About the Action-Packed Sequel 'After Earth' Unscripted: Will and Jaden Smith on Filming With Deadly Snakes & On-Set Parenting (VIDEO)
- 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In! 'Return Of The Jedi' Turns 30: Secrets Of Ewok Language Revealed! 'Fast & Furious 6' Expected To Lap 'Hangover III' At Box Office
- Why He Fell Asleep During That Interview Alex Trebek Has Gone Completely Insane Arrested Development Could Really Teach Politicians A Thing Or Two
- Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Nine: James Gray and Joaquin Phoenix reteam for a compelling period drama
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go?
- fun. Hit the Jersey Shore for 2013 'TODAY Show' Summer Concert Series Jennifer Hudson Reportedly Confirmed as 'American Idol' Judge Meet the Woman Who Won PopCrush's Autographed Pink Guitar!
- Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More Video: The Hangover Part III Cast Interviews
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
A history lesson and a 'Lucky' startFriday, May 24, 2013
Human time-lapseThursday, May 23, 2013
Ball's in your court, Bruce DickinsonThursday, May 23, 2013
Fire!Thursday, May 23, 2013