Kanye West debuts 'New God Flow' rhymes during BET Awards: Watch
Jay-Z pulls a Kanye West on Kanye West's acceptance speech
The BET Awards broadcast went on for three-and-a-half hours, but a good 20 minutes of it seemed to be -- as is often the case with Kanye West appearances -- the Kanye West Show. In during the Show, West debuted some much-anticipated new material.
In an effort to amp up his forthcoming G.O.O.D. Music compilation, Weezy took the stage with 2Chainz, Big Sean and Pusha T at first to help tackle "Mercy" and "Too Cold." But then at the end, West went rogue into a capella mode for a big verse from forthcoming "New God Flow."
Even after delivering the line about Kim Kardashian from "Too Cold" -- with Kardashian in the house -- West is feeling even more name-droppy.
"Went from most hated to the new God flow / I guess that’s a feeling only me and Lebron know / I’m living 3 dreams, Biggie Smalls, Dr. Kings, Rodney Kings / 'cause we can’t get along, no resolution / Till we drown all these haters, rest in peace to Whitney Houston," Kanye rhymed. "Welcome to Sunday service if you feel you Sunday service / I got green in my eyes, follow this Erick Sermon / Did Moses not part the water with the cane / Did Noah make the arc when I made it rain / Did Yeezy not get signed by Hov and Dame / And went to Jacob’s and made the new Jesus Chains / In Jesus name, let the choir say / I’m on fire, aight, that’s what Richard Pryor say."
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
No clue what the full beat sounds like, but Pusha T will also be featured on the track, according to Ye's website.
He and Jay-Z won Best Group at the Awards, and both rappers were present and thanked the fans.
"I'm bad at losing, I'm bad at winning," West said during that acceptance, alluding to awards show bad behavior in the past.
But it was Hov that dredged up West's famous Taylor Swift photo-bomb real-time during the broadcast. During the pair's acceptance for Best Music Video for "Otis," West began his speech, but then Jay-Z couldn't help himself.
"Excuse me Kanye, I'ma let you continue but..."
Derailed in laughter. Beautiful. Kanye West and Jay-Z should just host the damn thing next year. Beyonce was up for Best Music Video, too, so it was like a triple-play.
News From Our Partners
- William Bradley: Mad Men: 'Chevy Is Spelled Wrong!' PHOTOS: The Bluth Banana Stand Is Here! WATCH: Elisabeth Moss Was Nervous About Peggy's Future
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion NBC's 'Siberia': New Reality-Skewing Drama Ordered for Summer
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! News Briefs: CBS Is Pulling Mike & Molly's Season Finale Due to a Tornado Storyline
- Hear This: With “Deceptacon,” Le Tigre captured the sound of youth in a song Watch This: Walter Hill’s The Driver is all about work done well Scenic Routes: A quiet scene from The Matrix demonstrates how to make exposition compelling
Brooklyn five-piece have done it again, with a melancholy (and lively) set of winnersMonday, May 20, 2013
R&B singer ain't nothin' to relate toFriday, May 17, 2013
In case you were wondering, he's talking about 'straight sex'Thursday, May 16, 2013
Singer reveals abusive relationship and 'bittersweet' feelings toward BeyonceWednesday, May 15, 2013