Exclusive Premiere: Stream Highasakite's dreamy debut EP 'In and out of weeks'
Watch a video and get ready for the Norwegian band's U.S. premiere at SXSW
Highasakite's EP "In and out of weeks" is all at once dreamy and confrontational. The brevity and alarm of the chorus to "Son of a Bitch" is cushioned in melodic guitar lines. "Winner's Don't Come Easy" drips with tittering drums, a natural match for the fast-moving title track, and then takes a turn on dramatic new age triumph of "Whatever That Means."
It's all the parts of what makes bands like Beach House resonate with listeners, with Ingrid Håvik’s washy vocals and '60s-influenced production that makes the room bigger and fuller than this quintet intimates. The HitFix exclusive stream of the mini-album can be heard below.
The enchanting video for "In and out of weeks," the track, is underneath that; it's another kaleidoscopic view into the Norwegian band's compelling musical vision.
"In and out of weeks," out tomorrow (March 5) is Highasakite's first EP to be released worldwide and, come March, the rock group will be making its premiere on North American shores at South By Southwest. Enjoy what you hear (and I think you will) and you can buy the EP here, which will help to fund more than a few SXSW tacos.
News From Our Partners
- Would You Rather… Hang Backstage with One Direction or the Jonas Brothers? Watch Kesha Perform 'Machine Gun Love' Live See Pictures of Your Favorite Celebrity Couples Now + Then
- What Netflix Really Wants Out Of 'Arrested Development' What To Watch This Memorial Day Weekend Is The New 'Bachelorette' Engaged?
- Weekly Ketchup: Fox and Marvel Both Courting Quicksilver for Comic Blockbusters Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More
- Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Nine: James Gray and Joaquin Phoenix reteam for a compelling period drama
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report
- Will Smith Raps 'Fresh Prince' Theme with Jaden, Dances "Carlton" and "Apache" with Alfonso Ribiero 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 6: Kurt Sutter to Launch 'Talking Dead'-Style Companion Piece? The CW's 'Cult' Returns from Cancellation June 28
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Do These Four New Arrested Development Clips Get You Excited for the Show's Return? (VIDEO) Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz
DJ Jazzy Jeff and Carlton stop by the 'Graham Norton' show: FabulousFriday, May 24, 2013
A history lesson and a 'Lucky' startFriday, May 24, 2013
Human time-lapseThursday, May 23, 2013
Ball's in your court, Bruce DickinsonThursday, May 23, 2013