Exclusive Premiere: Stream Highasakite's dreamy debut EP 'In and out of weeks'
Watch a video and get ready for the Norwegian band's U.S. premiere at SXSW
Highasakite's EP "In and out of weeks" is all at once dreamy and confrontational. The brevity and alarm of the chorus to "Son of a Bitch" is cushioned in melodic guitar lines. "Winner's Don't Come Easy" drips with tittering drums, a natural match for the fast-moving title track, and then takes a turn on dramatic new age triumph of "Whatever That Means."
It's all the parts of what makes bands like Beach House resonate with listeners, with Ingrid Håvik’s washy vocals and '60s-influenced production that makes the room bigger and fuller than this quintet intimates. The HitFix exclusive stream of the mini-album can be heard below.
The enchanting video for "In and out of weeks," the track, is underneath that; it's another kaleidoscopic view into the Norwegian band's compelling musical vision.
"In and out of weeks," out tomorrow (March 5) is Highasakite's first EP to be released worldwide and, come March, the rock group will be making its premiere on North American shores at South By Southwest. Enjoy what you hear (and I think you will) and you can buy the EP here, which will help to fund more than a few SXSW tacos.
News From Our Partners
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- Daft Punk, 'Random Access Memories' – Album Review Adam Levine Inviting Shakira Over for Sweaty Bikram Yoga Sessions, Sparks Rumors Chris Brown, Demi Lovato + More React to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra Comics Panel: New releases include an alternative detective story and a new collection examining the collective urban subconscious Permanent Records: The Breeders’ Last Splash is a rallying cry for the weirdos and stereotype-flouters
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal 'The Wolverine' New Trailer: More Ninjas, More Action and Jean Grey?
- Microsoft Announces Foza Motorsport 5 as an Xbox One Launch Title '24: Live Another Day': Will Mary Lynn Rajskub's Chloe Return? Xbox One's Xbox Live Services Will Get a Boost
- Meet The New 'X Factor' Judges 5 Women We're Excited to See On TV This Fall How 'Vikings' Leading Man Travis Fimmel Nearly Got Away...
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After Warehouse 13 "The Sky's the Limit" Review: Up Up and Away
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
From the Billboard Music Awards: 'Miguel would make a cool country duet'Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Jared Leto takes a turn at shaman-Jesus, againTuesday, May 21, 2013
Brooklyn five-piece have done it again, with a melancholy (and lively) set of winnersMonday, May 20, 2013
R&B singer ain't nothin' to relate toFriday, May 17, 2013