Exclusive Premiere: Ivan & Alyosha trot out 'Rebel Jesus' for the holidays
Roots-pop crew debut a live performance ahead of 'All the Times We Had'
Ivan & Alyosha have partnered with a couple auspicious sources this fall, first with the Missing Pieces and Dualtone labels, and next with "Rebel Jesus."
The first, aforementioned joint venture marks them as labelmates with Immaculate Noise favorites Shovels & Rope and recent Grammy nominees The Lumineers. The band will now be releasing its full-length debut, "All the Times We Had," on Feb. 26, led by the single "Running for Cover."
Rootsy "Rebel Jesus," on the other hand, is a highlight for a different reason: the season. This holiday-inspired Jackson Browne cover is yet another firm sample of the band's refined vocals and ageless pop affinities, plus a perfectly level-headed excuse to bust out the jingle bells. As implied by its title, this "heathen and a pagan" have more than garland and red-nosed reindeer on their minds as the the rip into the mildest guitar solo of all time.
The live performance was filmed at Seattle studio Avast!, where "All the Times We Had" was recorded. It was also mixed by Jesse Lauter, who did the same duties last year for The Low Anthem. So there's that.
After Christmas cheer, look forward to this solid album.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After
- Xbox One Will Require Daily Internet Connection 'Hannibal' "Trou Normand" Preview: Is Will Losing His Mind? Quantum Break Trailer: Remedy Returns With Xbox One Exclusive
- GIFS: 10 TV Housekeepers That Ran The Show Megan Smolenyak: Celebrity Roots Series "Who Do You Think You Are?" Returns This Is Going To Be AMAZING
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Hear This: An early Walkmen song gets anti-nostalgic Watch This: Thunder Road is one of the first, and finest, automotive action movies off the Hollywood lot Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive Demi Lovato to Have Her Tonsils Removed
From the Billboard Music Awards: 'Miguel would make a cool country duet'Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Jared Leto takes a turn at shaman-Jesus, againTuesday, May 21, 2013
Brooklyn five-piece have done it again, with a melancholy (and lively) set of winnersMonday, May 20, 2013
R&B singer ain't nothin' to relate toFriday, May 17, 2013