Dirty Projectors' 'Offspring Are Blank' kicks off trio of videos this week: Watch
Band headed to Carnegie, because that is rock 'n' roll
Dirty Projectors' song "Offspring Are Blank" sounds like two different songs put together, so it's appropriate that its music video looks the part.
DP's frontman David Longstreth directed the clip, which features him walking through a field of garbage and dug-up dirt and then rocking out in its original backdrop of picturesque, steep, lush hills. He dons a tox-suit with a three-piece underneath. Dude works hard and plays hard here in dystopia.
"Offspring Are Blank" are the first of three videos debuting this week from Dirty Projectors' 2012 "Swing Lo Magellan": "The Socialites" and "Swing Lo Magellan" will debut tomorrow and Friday. They're all part of the shoot that resulted in short film "Hi Custodian." Watch that trippy trip below, too.
The indie rockers will be taking to the stage at Carnegie Hall in New York -- a rarity for rock acts -- on Jan. 11, and will be releasing "Offspring" as a limited 7", backed by new tune "There's a Fire."
News From Our Partners
- Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Nine: James Gray and Joaquin Phoenix reteam for a compelling period drama
- What To Watch This Memorial Day Weekend Is The New 'Bachelorette' Engaged? Tavis Smiley Marks 10th Year On PBS
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report
- The CW's 'Cult' Returns from Cancellation June 28 'White House Down' Featurette: Roland Emmerich Revists White House-Based Mayhem Jimmy Fallon Goes 'Game of Thrones' For 'Late Night's "Game of Desks"
- Weekly Ketchup: Fox and Marvel Both Courting Quicksilver for Comic Blockbusters Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More
- Would You Rather… Hang Backstage with One Direction or the Jonas Brothers? Watch Kesha Perform 'Machine Gun Love' Live See Pictures of Your Favorite Celebrity Couples Now + Then
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Do These Four New Arrested Development Clips Get You Excited for the Show's Return? (VIDEO) Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz
DJ Jazzy Jeff and Carlton stop by the 'Graham Norton' show: FabulousFriday, May 24, 2013
A history lesson and a 'Lucky' startFriday, May 24, 2013
Human time-lapseThursday, May 23, 2013
Ball's in your court, Bruce DickinsonThursday, May 23, 2013