'Breaking Dawn - Part 2' soundtrack led by Green Day, Feist, St. Vincent
Tracklist to the final film in the 'Twilight Saga': AI's Paul McDonald, Passion Pit, Ellie Goulding
Remember what I said about Alexandra Patsavas making the soundtrack to "Perks of Being a Wallflower" a love letter to good taste? The music supervisor has crafted an album of exclusive material for "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2" as a love letter between two vampires. And who better than strong solo ladies like Ellie Goulding, Feist, St. Vincent and Christina Perri, and commercial knock-outs Green Day?
Yeah. Because Green Day hasn't been too busy otherwise lately.
The tracklist (via Yahoo!) also has songs form Passion Pit, film composer Carter Burwell and some fun lesser-knowns like Pop ETC and the Boom Circuits. This is a return for Perri, who "Part One" portion of "A Thousand Years" was in the "Breaking Dawn - Part 1."
Hold your breath, too, for real-life lover music-making from former "American Idol" contestant Paul McDonald and his 'Twilight" actress-wife for an untitled work way down on the tally. Goulding's "Bittersweet" is also the first track of hers to be produced by her famous boyfriend Skrillex.
As with the other soundtracks from the popular teen series, the tracks were culled as originals, as previously unreleased songs or songs made for the movie. There's no obvious Bella or Edward references that stick out in the song titles, but then again, the songwriters may have been in a painful place during the creative process, as Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson temporarily split. I know I couldn't get a thing done, either.
The "Breaking Dawn - Part 2" soundtrack will be out on Nov. 13, prior to the Nov. 16 premiere of the final film.
1. Passion Pit – Where I Come From
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
3. Green Day – The Forgotten
4. Feist – Fire in the Water
5. The Boom Circuits – Everything and Nothing
6. St. Vincent – The Antidote
7. Pop ETC – Speak Up
8. Iko – Heart of tone
9. A Boy and His Kite – Cover Your Tracks
10. James Vincent McMorrow – Ghosts
11. Paul McDonald & Nikki Reed -- All I've Ever Needed
12. Reeve Carney – New For You
13. Christina Perri – A Thousand Years (Part Two)
14. Carter Burwell – Plus Que Ma Prope Vie
News From Our Partners
- Why He Fell Asleep During That Interview Alex Trebek Has Gone Completely Insane Arrested Development Could Really Teach Politicians A Thing Or Two
- 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In! 'Return Of The Jedi' Turns 30: Secrets Of Ewok Language Revealed! 'Fast & Furious 6' Expected To Lap 'Hangover III' At Box Office
- EA Teases Possible Star Wars: Battlefront Return Tom Cruise Leaves 'Man From U.N.C.L.E.' to Focus on 'Mission: Impossible 5′ Black Ops 2 Revolution DLC Free This Weekend
- "Fast & Furious 6" vs. "The Hangover: Part III": Which Movie Should You See? (VIDEO) 'Fast and Furious 6' Review: 10 Things You Should Know About the Action-Packed Sequel 'After Earth' Unscripted: Will and Jaden Smith on Filming With Deadly Snakes & On-Set Parenting (VIDEO)
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go?
- fun. Hit the Jersey Shore for 2013 'TODAY Show' Summer Concert Series Jennifer Hudson Reportedly Confirmed as 'American Idol' Judge Meet the Woman Who Won PopCrush's Autographed Pink Guitar!
- Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Nine: James Gray and Joaquin Phoenix reteam for a compelling period drama
Human time-lapseThursday, May 23, 2013
Ball's in your court, Bruce DickinsonThursday, May 23, 2013
Fire!Thursday, May 23, 2013
From the Billboard Music Awards: 'Miguel would make a cool country duet'Tuesday, May 21, 2013