'Breaking Dawn - Part 2' soundtrack led by Green Day, Feist, St. Vincent
Tracklist to the final film in the 'Twilight Saga': AI's Paul McDonald, Passion Pit, Ellie Goulding
Remember what I said about Alexandra Patsavas making the soundtrack to "Perks of Being a Wallflower" a love letter to good taste? The music supervisor has crafted an album of exclusive material for "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2" as a love letter between two vampires. And who better than strong solo ladies like Ellie Goulding, Feist, St. Vincent and Christina Perri, and commercial knock-outs Green Day?
Yeah. Because Green Day hasn't been too busy otherwise lately.
The tracklist (via Yahoo!) also has songs form Passion Pit, film composer Carter Burwell and some fun lesser-knowns like Pop ETC and the Boom Circuits. This is a return for Perri, who "Part One" portion of "A Thousand Years" was in the "Breaking Dawn - Part 1."
Hold your breath, too, for real-life lover music-making from former "American Idol" contestant Paul McDonald and his 'Twilight" actress-wife for an untitled work way down on the tally. Goulding's "Bittersweet" is also the first track of hers to be produced by her famous boyfriend Skrillex.
As with the other soundtracks from the popular teen series, the tracks were culled as originals, as previously unreleased songs or songs made for the movie. There's no obvious Bella or Edward references that stick out in the song titles, but then again, the songwriters may have been in a painful place during the creative process, as Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson temporarily split. I know I couldn't get a thing done, either.
The "Breaking Dawn - Part 2" soundtrack will be out on Nov. 13, prior to the Nov. 16 premiere of the final film.
1. Passion Pit – Where I Come From
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
3. Green Day – The Forgotten
4. Feist – Fire in the Water
5. The Boom Circuits – Everything and Nothing
6. St. Vincent – The Antidote
7. Pop ETC – Speak Up
8. Iko – Heart of tone
9. A Boy and His Kite – Cover Your Tracks
10. James Vincent McMorrow – Ghosts
11. Paul McDonald & Nikki Reed -- All I've Ever Needed
12. Reeve Carney – New For You
13. Christina Perri – A Thousand Years (Part Two)
14. Carter Burwell – Plus Que Ma Prope Vie
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Do These Four New Arrested Development Clips Get You Excited for the Show's Return? (VIDEO) Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz
- 'Star Wars: Episode VI': What's Its Legacy... And Its Future? 'Arrested Development' Season Four: Eight Things To Remember 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In!
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report
- One Direction's Niall Horan Spends the Night With UK TV Star Louise Thompson Kelly Clarkson Denies 'American Idol' Judging Gig Did Justin Bieber Get a Kitten? [Pics]
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- WATCH: Gay Protest Turns Into Fashion Show What Netflix Really Wants Out Of 'Arrested Development' Game Of Desks Is HERE!
- Weekly Ketchup: Fox and Marvel Both Courting Quicksilver for Comic Blockbusters Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More
- 'Avengers 2′ — Joss Whedon Talks Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy HD Will Let You Hold It on Your Mobile Device Will Smith Raps 'Fresh Prince' Theme with Jaden, Dances "Carlton" and "Apache" with Alfonso Ribiero
DJ Jazzy Jeff and Carlton stop by the 'Graham Norton' show: FabulousFriday, May 24, 2013
A history lesson and a 'Lucky' startFriday, May 24, 2013
Human time-lapseThursday, May 23, 2013
Ball's in your court, Bruce DickinsonThursday, May 23, 2013