New Kanye West and Black Keys songs for 'Man with the Iron Fists': Listen
Rapper's new track has the man seeing white
Put your swagger face on: Two new tracks from the soundtrack to RZA's "The Man with the Iron Fists" have a lot of funk and blues sensibility. The Black Keys have unleashed their gnarly movie theme "The Baddest Man Alive" featuring the Wu-Tang mang and Kanye West released his contribution "White Dress."
The former has all the low end expected from the rock band, but has a break beat fit for RZA's hypnotic rhymes, flashing behind a veil of distortion. "I'll snatch food from the mouth of a tiger / Take a gasoline bath then I walk through fire," RZA raps. Killer.
Black Keys and RZA previously combined on a couple of tracks for the former's "Blakroc" album from 2009.
West's "White Dress" has people hearing wedding bells, as Ye odes to his lady love ahead of the presumed dressy refrain. No word when he actually composed his tune, but signs point at current flame Kim Kardashian, his "perfect b*tch," to whom he's directed his nuptial intentions in song before.
You can hear all the songs that have been released from the movie soundtrack so far through "The Man with the Iron Fist's" Bandcamp page, including a new Wu-Tang Clan jam "Six Directions of Boxing."
The soundtrack is out on Oct. 22, and the movie -- starring Russell Crowe, Lucy Liu, Cung Le and RZA -- is due Nov. 2.
News From Our Partners
- Weekly Ketchup: Fox and Marvel Both Courting Quicksilver for Comic Blockbusters Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More
- The CW's 'Cult' Returns from Cancellation June 28 'White House Down' Featurette: Roland Emmerich Revists White House-Based Mayhem Jimmy Fallon Goes 'Game of Thrones' For 'Late Night's "Game of Desks"
- Would You Rather… Hang Backstage with One Direction or the Jonas Brothers? Watch Kesha Perform 'Machine Gun Love' Live See Pictures of Your Favorite Celebrity Couples Now + Then
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Do These Four New Arrested Development Clips Get You Excited for the Show's Return? (VIDEO) Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Nine: James Gray and Joaquin Phoenix reteam for a compelling period drama
- What To Watch This Memorial Day Weekend Is The New 'Bachelorette' Engaged? Tavis Smiley Marks 10th Year On PBS
DJ Jazzy Jeff and Carlton stop by the 'Graham Norton' show: FabulousFriday, May 24, 2013
A history lesson and a 'Lucky' startFriday, May 24, 2013
Human time-lapseThursday, May 23, 2013
Ball's in your court, Bruce DickinsonThursday, May 23, 2013