A$AP Rocky, Drake, 2 Chainz and Kendrick Lamar's 'F**ckin' Problems': Watch
Costume department ran out of tuxedo jackets
- Critic's Rating C-
- Readers' Rating n/a
Today, A$AP Rocky released the video for his single "F**ckin' Problems," off of "LongLiveA$AP." It coincides with the announcement that the album is now due on Jan. 15.
Here are five points for clarification:
1) "F**ckin' Problems" does not refer to having difficulties fornicating. It's about problems that are more difficult than others, first and foremost, plus needing to have sex so much and ample reserve of game girls that such a lifestyle becomes an issue. Suspiciously, f*cking b*tches helps to solve said problems. SO DEEP.
2) When you're asking yourself, "What is that blue outfit Drake wearing? And what's up with 2 Chainz' eyewear?", you can tell yourself that they're channeling Boyz II Men circa 1995.
3) Lamar wears his long tuxedo jacket better than A$AP Rocky.
4) Due to the nature of this horny dude ode, it is likely that the dancers were not issued tuxedo jackets, and not that they refused them. The commodification of the woman's form again repeats the same hip-hop pattern of objectification for self-aggrandization, treasuring the object, then rejecting the object as a f*ckin' problem (or, as Drake' own cohort Nicki Minaj says, "Love a bunch of girls / and then cry / on top of the world.") even as a joke.
5) I like A$AP Rocky, but his verse is the weakest and he's out to artlessly offend: "They say money make a n*gga act n*gger-ish / But at least a n*gga n*gga rich / I be f*ckin' broads like I be f*ckin' bored / Turn a d*ke b*tch out have her f*ckin' boys." Whatever, this video is f*cking boring.
News From Our Partners
- 'Star Wars: Episode VI': What's Its Legacy... And Its Future? 'Arrested Development' Season Four: Eight Things To Remember 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In!
- 'Avengers 2′ — Joss Whedon Talks Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy HD Will Let You Hold It on Your Mobile Device Will Smith Raps 'Fresh Prince' Theme with Jaden, Dances "Carlton" and "Apache" with Alfonso Ribiero
- Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Nine: James Gray and Joaquin Phoenix reteam for a compelling period drama
- WATCH: Gay Protest Turns Into Fashion Show What Netflix Really Wants Out Of 'Arrested Development' Game Of Desks Is HERE!
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- One Direction's Niall Horan Spends the Night With UK TV Star Louise Thompson Kelly Clarkson Denies 'American Idol' Judging Gig Did Justin Bieber Get a Kitten? [Pics]
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Do These Four New Arrested Development Clips Get You Excited for the Show's Return? (VIDEO) Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report
DJ Jazzy Jeff and Carlton stop by the 'Graham Norton' show: FabulousFriday, May 24, 2013
A history lesson and a 'Lucky' startFriday, May 24, 2013
Human time-lapseThursday, May 23, 2013
Ball's in your court, Bruce DickinsonThursday, May 23, 2013