A$AP Rocky, Drake, 2 Chainz and Kendrick Lamar's 'F**ckin' Problems': Watch
Costume department ran out of tuxedo jackets
- Critic's Rating C-
- Readers' Rating n/a
Today, A$AP Rocky released the video for his single "F**ckin' Problems," off of "LongLiveA$AP." It coincides with the announcement that the album is now due on Jan. 15.
Here are five points for clarification:
1) "F**ckin' Problems" does not refer to having difficulties fornicating. It's about problems that are more difficult than others, first and foremost, plus needing to have sex so much and ample reserve of game girls that such a lifestyle becomes an issue. Suspiciously, f*cking b*tches helps to solve said problems. SO DEEP.
2) When you're asking yourself, "What is that blue outfit Drake wearing? And what's up with 2 Chainz' eyewear?", you can tell yourself that they're channeling Boyz II Men circa 1995.
3) Lamar wears his long tuxedo jacket better than A$AP Rocky.
4) Due to the nature of this horny dude ode, it is likely that the dancers were not issued tuxedo jackets, and not that they refused them. The commodification of the woman's form again repeats the same hip-hop pattern of objectification for self-aggrandization, treasuring the object, then rejecting the object as a f*ckin' problem (or, as Drake' own cohort Nicki Minaj says, "Love a bunch of girls / and then cry / on top of the world.") even as a joke.
5) I like A$AP Rocky, but his verse is the weakest and he's out to artlessly offend: "They say money make a n*gga act n*gger-ish / But at least a n*gga n*gga rich / I be f*ckin' broads like I be f*ckin' bored / Turn a d*ke b*tch out have her f*ckin' boys." Whatever, this video is f*cking boring.
News From Our Partners
- Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single Watch This: Ronin is a triumph of crime-flick economy Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- 'The World's End' Trailer: Pints, Pals, and Killer Robots! Francis Ford Coppola Directing New Italian-American Saga 'Don Jon' Trailer: Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Scarlett Johansson Go Jersey
- 'Man Of Steel': Is Zod Superman's Khan? New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights
- Justin Bieber's 'Baby' Is Highest-Certified Single in History, But His Monkey Is No Longer His Son Ho Young's Girlfriend Found Dead Listen to The-Dream Collaborate With Beyonce on 'Turnt'
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
- 'Metallica Through the Never' Trailer: Angry Mobs and "Master of Puppets" 'Timecop' Being Remade, As All Movies Eventually Must 'We're The Millers' Red Band NSFW Trailer: Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudeikis Smuggle Drugs
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs
From the Billboard Music Awards: 'Miguel would make a cool country duet'Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Jared Leto takes a turn at shaman-Jesus, againTuesday, May 21, 2013
Brooklyn five-piece have done it again, with a melancholy (and lively) set of winnersMonday, May 20, 2013
R&B singer ain't nothin' to relate toFriday, May 17, 2013