- How do I play?
You need to be logged in to play so the first thing you need to do is create a HitFix account if you don't have one. You can also log in using your Facebook account by clicking the Facebook connect button.
Once you're logged in you'll be sent to a page where you can make your predictions. Each week you'll predict who will be eliminated and you'll answer a trivia question that will also be a prediction about the upcoming episode. Once a season you'll predict which contestant will win the whole show – the sooner you make your pick the more points you score if you're right.
You'll make these predictions by dragging and dropping photos of the contestants from a group of all the remaining contestants to the corresponding prediction boxes.
See the FAQ "How does the scoring work?" for more details on the exact scoring.
For questions not answered in the FAQ please e-mail email@example.com.
- How does the scoring work?
There are 3 ways to score points:
- Correctly predicting who will be eliminated on a given episode is worth 100 points.
- A correct bonus prediction for a given week is worth 50 points.
- Correctly predicting who will win the show is worth up to 600 points. Starting at the top 13, each week this prediction will be worth 50 points less than it was the previous week. Correctly predict the winner with 13 contestants left and you'll score the full 600 points. Predict the winner when 11 remain and score 550 points. You'll score 500 for a correct prediction made with 10 contestants left and so on. Waiting until just before the finale you'll be able to score 100 for a correct prediction.
- What happens if two contestants are eliminated on one episode?
- If more than one contestant is eliminated you’ll score 100 points if you have any of the eliminated contestants chosen. You’ll be able to score points each week a contestant is eliminated, but not necessarily for each elimination. The maximum number of points you can earn in a week for the elimination prediction is 100.
- What happens if no one is eliminated on an episode?
- No points will be awarded for the elimination prediction, but points for the bonus prediction will still be awarded.
- What happens if there is more than one correct answer to the Bonus Prediction?
- Any correct answer chosen will score points if there is more than one correct answer for the Bonus Prediction.
- What if there is no correct answer for the Bonus Prediction?
- All of the Bonus questions should have a correct answer, but in the unlikely event that there is no correct answer, not points will be awarded that week.
- How do I submit my predictions? Are they automatically saved?
- Your weekly elimination predictions and Bonus Predictions are saved automatically, but your one time prediction of the show winner must be locked in by clicking on the 'Lock in My Pick' button.
- Is there a prize for getting the high score?
- You’ll win bragging rights, but there is no prize for getting the high score.
- How do I create a HitFix account?
All we need is a username, e-mail and password. You can create one or log in anytime by clicking on the TV Predictions Game button in the upper right corner of every page on HitFix.
- How do I log in using my Facebook account?
On the log in page, you'll see a blue button that says 'Connect with Facebook.' The first time you click on that button you'll see a new window open that will ask if it's OK if HitFix has access to your Facebook information. If you click allow, you'll be logged in. Even better you'll be able to log in with a single click from that point on by clicking on the 'Connect with Facebook' button. HitFix will keep your information private and will never send you spam or post to your wall.
- How does the weekly elimination prediction work?
Each week you'll drag and drop a picture of one of the remaining contestants into the 'Eliminated This Week' box. If you're right, you'll score 100 points. It's that simple.
- How does the weekly bonus prediction work?
Each week we'll ask you a question about the upcoming episode. The answer to the question will always be one of the remaining contestants. The question might be who is going to be in the bottom 3, but not eliminated or who will have the show's closing performance or who (according to HitFix) got the best reviews from the judges. Get it right, and score 50 points.
- How does the 1-time show winner prediction work?
Once per season you'll be able to predict who will win the title. Once this prediction is locked in you won't be able to change it, but the earlier you lock it in the more points you'll score if you're right. In order to make your prediction you'll drag and drop a picture of one of the remaining contestants into the appropriate box on the My Predictions page and the click on the 'Lock in My Pick' button.
Correctly predicting who will win the show is worth up to 600 points. Starting at the top 13, each week this prediction will be worth 50 points less. Correctly predict the winner with 13 contestants left and you'll score the full 600 points. Predict the winner when 11 remain and score 550 points. You'll score 500 for a correct prediction made with 10 contestants left and so on. Waiting until just before the finale you'll be able to score 100 for a correct prediction.
- How do I find the game again once I leave?
You can access the game from every page on HitFix by clicking the blue TV Predictions Game button in the upper right corner.
- How much does it cost to play?
HitFix TV Predictions Game is 100% free.
- What happened to Fantasy TV Leagues?
At HitFix we're always moving forward. We listened to our users, took their feedback into account and came up with what we think is an even better reality TV gaming experience. If you have any comments or questions on this matter please feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do I need to have a HitFix user account to play?
You can log in to HitFix TV Predictions Game using your HitFix account or with your Facebook account by clicking on the 'Connect with Facebook' button.
- What if the producers come up with some insane twist to the show format?
It's difficult to anticipate what twists and turns the show might take but the system we've devised should be able to handle almost all possibilities. If something totally radical happens our goal will be to ensure that all players are affected equally.
- Do I need to download something to play?
No download is required to play HitFix TV Predictions Game.
- I'm playing the Predictions Game for more than one show. How do I switch back and forth between shows?
If you click on the TV Predictions Game button which appears in the upper right corner of every page on HitFix you can easily change shows.
- I have a question not answered in the FAQ, what do I do?
Please e-mail email@example.com with any issues, questions or comments. We read and respond promptly to 100% of e-mails we receive.
- How do I change my player ID?
Click on the Preferences button at the top of the My Predictions page to change your player ID. If you're part of more than one group you can have a different ID for each group if you like.
- How do I opt out of reminder e-mails or "scores have been updated" e-mails?
Click the preferences button at the top of the My Predictions page uncheck the appropriate boxes.
- How do I remove myself from a group?
Click on the Preferences button at the top of the My Predictions page and click on the remove me from this group button.
- Do I have a different set of preferences for each group I'm a part of?
Your e-mail reminder preferences will carry over from group to group, but you set a different player ID for each group.
- How do I create a Private Group?
Click the orange 'Create a Private Group' button at the top of the My Predictions page. From that page you'll be able to give your new group a name and invite friends.
- How do I invite more friends to play after I've created a group?
In order to join your group friends will need to click on a special link. You can send that link to your friends using the Facebook send button or by copying and pasting the link into an e-mail. You can find both the Facebook Send button and the special link on the ‘Invite Friends’ page which you can access by clicking the blue ‘Invite Friends’ button at the top of the My Predictions page.
- Do I need more than one set of predictions if I'm in multiple groups?
No. You'll only make one set of predictions that will apply to all of your groups.
- How do I contact the members of my group?
There are two ways to contact members of your league. The first is the comment box at the bottom of the My Predictions page. Each private group has its own string of comments. Additionally, if you've created a group you'll find special tools in the preferences section which you can access via the 'Preferences' button at the top of the My Predictions page. These tools will allow you to send a direct message to all members of your group.
- How do I join a group that my friend set up?
In order to join a group you'll need to have the person who created the group send you an e-mail invite, either when they create the group or from the ‘Invite Friends’ page that they can access by clicking the blue ‘Invite Friends’ button at the top of the My Predictions page. That e-mail invite will contain a link that will automatically add you to the group.
- How many people can play in a group?
There is no limit to the number of players that can play in the same group.
- How do I switch from group to group?
On the right side of the My Predictions page you'll see standings and at the top of that section there will be a drop down box that will allow you to switch between groups.
- Can I still play or create a private group even though the show has started?
Yes. You can join the game or create a private group at any time.
- Can I play in more than one group?
Yes. You can play in up to 25 different groups.
- Can someone join a group after the show has started and contestants have been eliminated?
Yes. If a player joins a group that's already underway and other players have scored points, the new player will start with the lowest score in the league less a 10% penalty. Please note that scores are only refreshed once a week so new players who join late will appear to have a score of zero for up to a week.