Next gallery »First Look! The cast of 'Jessica Jones' in costume
« Previous gallery12 Most Anticipated Returning TV Shows
Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series
• Edie Falco as Jackie Peyton on Nurse Jackie (Episode: "I Say a Little Prayer") (Showtime)
• Lisa Kudrow as Valerie Cherish on The Comeback (Episode: "Valerie Is Taken Seriously") (HBO)
• Julia Louis-Dreyfus as President Selina Meyer on Veep (Episode: "Election Night") (HBO)
• Amy Poehler as Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation (Episode: "One Last Ride") (NBC)
• Amy Schumer as Amy / Various Characters on Inside Amy Schumer (Episode: "Cool With It") (Comedy Central)
• Lily Tomlin as Frankie Bergstein on Grace and Frankie (Episode: "The Vows") (Netflix)
Should win: Lots of terrific work here, even on shows I had issues with otherwise. When Louis-Dreyfus wins (spoilers for the next paragraph!), it'll be entirely deserving given the year she had on "Veep." But, sticking to a theme, it seems ridiculous that Amy Poehler will go Emmy-less for playing Leslie Knope, and she had a lot of wonderful material throughout this final year (even if I'd have picked "Leslie and Ron" over the finale as her submission).
Will win: Julia Louis-Drefyus is in Cranston territory right now, where she's just going to keep winning this thing in a way that makes you lament the missed opportunities for others, even as you can't find fault with the choice. The meltdown Selina has on election night when she learns all the tiebreaker rules was pretty much an Emmy mic drop.