FX's New "Fargo" Trailer: Could This Be Perfect Television?
Look, it's not often I watch a TV trailer and think, "Wait. I definitely have to see this." But there's something about FX's "Fargo" and its strong, almost zealous reverence to the Coen Brothers' original film that makes it seem unmissable.
Uh. Could a trailer be more perfect? Look, I've listed all the perfect things.
1. The sheer amount of "Fargo" buzzwords. Barf alone is a triumph.
2. Kate Walsh's wooziness
3. The astounding violence.
4. Furry police hats.
5. Colin Hanks doing his slightly-naive-man-in-authority thing, which brings back fond memories of his short-lived Fox series "The Good Guys."
6. Billy Bob Thornton! Ohhhhhh, he is horrifying.
7. Sputtering Martin Freeman 4 lyfe.
8. Love the lookalike locales; that diner is the spitting image of the '96 cinematic version.
9. Bob Odenkirk. Phew.
Will you tune in? I'll be there April 15, dontcha know.