If you're going to cry, you know what they say: there's no better time to do it than on a Monday afternoon at your desk.
The latest trailer for "The Fault in Our Stars" is here, and if you have even an ounce of a soul left it's bound to make you tear up at least a little bit. Or, you know, feel something, for chrissakes. What are we, robots?
"I'm a grenade," says Shailene Woodley's cancer-stricken Hazel. "And one day I'm gonna blow up, and I'm gonna obliterate everything in my wake, and I don't wanna hurt you." SOB!
I am not even kidding, you guys: This trailer freaking destroyed me. Here are six other parts that made me weepy.
1. The part where the sweet-faced Augustus (Ansel Elgort) says "You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world, but you do have a say in who hurts you." TEARS! Because it's so true, Augustus! You don't get to choose! But you gotta pick yourself up and keep trying! *sniffle*
2. "I am in love with you, Hazel Grace." Oh no... "And I know that love is just a shout into the void and that oblivion is inevitable, and I am in love with you." DOUBLE SOB! Because she has cancer and thought she'd never hear those words, but now she has and she's crying and I'm crying and we're crying together! Me and Shailene are crying together. I love you, Shailene.
3. The part where the music swells and the lyrics are all like, "If that's what you wanted" and I do, oh I do want it, I want it now, give it to meeee! <FACE CRINKLING, TEARS STREAMING WE ARE ALL ONLY HUMAN AFTER ALL>
4. The part where the shirt gets stuck on Hazel's breathing tube. Hahaahaha oh shoot, Hazel! Oh, I am laughing. I'm laughing and I'm crying all at once! **Wipes eyes, continues crying**
5. The part where Shailene is crying on her bed and her parents are like, "Oh, don't cry, honey, don't cry." OH MY GOD I CAN'T EVEN LAURA DERN *snot running*
6. "It's a good life, Hazel Grace. Okay?" "Okay." HAPPY TEARS, BECAUSE IT IS <HUGS LAPTOP>
LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL, PEOPLE.
"The Fault in Our Stars" hits theaters on June 6.
2013 | Comedy | NRSummary: Insanely funny comedy show created by Amy Schumer, who stars in brilliantly funny sketches about sex, city living, dating, and friendship.Director: Daniel Powell, Amy Schumer (creators)
Cast: Amy Schumer, Kevin Kane, Mike Houston
1995 | Mystery | NRSummary: Denzel Washington plays an out of work WWII vet who takes the wrong job and is soon neck-deep in a mess of politics, murder, and jazz in '40s Los Angeles.Director: Carl Franklin
Cast: Denzel Washington, Tom Sizemore, Jennifer Beals
2008 | Science Fiction | PGSummary: Animated series continues the story of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker as they battle the Emperor Palpatine, Count Dooku and General Grievous, but also takes time to explore other smaller characters in the Star Wars universe.Director: George Lucas (creator)
Cast: Tom Kane, Dee Bradley Baker, Matt Lanter
1997 | Crime | RSummary: Quentin Tarantino adaptats an Elmore Leonard novel into this story of a few increasingly desperate people scraping to get by. It has deep soul, a wicked sense of humor, and Samuel L. Jackson, Robert De Niro, Pam Grier, and Robert Forster.Director: Quentin Tarantino
Cast: Pam Grier, Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Forster
1996 | Crime | RSummary: Jerry, a small-town Minnesota car salesman is bursting at the seams with debt... but he's got a plan. He's going to hire two thugs to kidnap his wife in a scheme to collect a hefty ransom from his wealthy father-in-law. It's going to be a snap and nobody's going to get hurt... until people start ...Director: Joel Coen, Ethan Coen
Cast: William H. Macy, Frances McDormand, Steve Buscemi, Peter Stormare
2013 | Drama | RSummary: Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill have boundless energy in the story of a real-life commodities crook who earned millions through scummy small-time stock trades.Director: Martin Scorsese
Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Margot Robbie
2013 | Thriller | RSummary: Based on the true story of Daniel Lugo (Mark Wahlberg) a Miami bodybuilder who wants to live the American dream. He would like to have the money that other people have. So he enlists the help of fellow bodybuilder Adrian Doorbal (Anthony Mackie) and ex-convict, Christian bodybuilder Paul Doyle (D...Director: Michael Bay
Cast: Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson, Anthony Mackie, Tony Shalhoub
2007 | Comedy | PGSummary: Newlyweds Nick (Ice Cube) and Suzanne (Long) decide to move to the suburbs to provide a better life for their two kids. But their idea of a dream home is disturbed by a contractor (McGinley) with a bizarre approach to business.Director: Steve Carr
Cast: John C. McGinley, Ice Cube, Nia Long, Aleisha Allen
1993 | Sports | PGSummary: Emotionally powerful sports classic featuring Sean Astin as a skinny high school kid with big football dreams and the determination to make his way towards his dream team at Notre Dame.Director: David Anspaugh
Cast: Sean Astin, Jon Favreau, Ned Beatty
Let Streaming Genie help you.