An image-by-image look at Kanye West's 'Black Skinhead' video
Earlier today, Kanye West released the video for 'Black Skinhead," his first single off "Yeezus," via his official site (UPDATE: He claims it was a technical error). And then he promptly removed it like your petulant little brother at Christmas, intent on stealing all the world's attention for himself. The video, which is black and white, has a sometime-naked and always-CGI Kanye dancing around, intercut with spooky imagery. All in all, it looks a little like a fetish porn version of The Sims.
Because the video is dark and fast-moving, I went ahead and screencapped it so you wouldn't have to miss a single weird moment. Which mostly means I was concerned you'd overlook the fact that Kanye has given himself a comically large computer-generated penis. Which, I'm sure you can agree, would be a terrible thing to have to go through life without having seen.
1. The video opens on a cartoon image of three Klansmen, and my question here isn't, "Why are they wearing black robes and not white robes,' or, "How come that one nice KKK fella gets to wear a taller hat than those other two nice KKK fellas?" It's, "How on earth did Kanye track down the artist responsible for the Neighborhood Watch Villain?"
2. Terrifying snarling wolves! Get lost, Neighborhood Watch Villain.
3. A mysterious crowd of men appear. Maybe one of them is a member of your Sims family?
4. The first we see of Kanye is this phosphorescent image of hulking man with abs of pure steel... or pure whatever that stuff inside of glow sticks is. Four Loko?
5. Kanye mentions King Kong and then, just like that, a few frames of King Kong appear.
6. Kanye is wearing a beautiful chain, which might be a metaphor. But probably, it's not a metaphor.
7. Here's a clear shot of Kanye's computerized face. He looks nice and humble, no?
8.Wait! Nevermind! Not nice and humble. Actually, he's made of metal.
9. Kanye mentions a wolf and then, just like that, a few frames of wolf appear.
10. PENIS ALERT! PENIS ALERT! And, it would seem, a case of adult chickenpox alert.
11. And here he is, Yeezus himself. Blinged out and with the perfect amount of shadowing on his abs, just like Our Lord and Savior himself.
2013 | Comedy | NRSummary: Insanely funny comedy show created by Amy Schumer, who stars in brilliantly funny sketches about sex, city living, dating, and friendship.Director: Daniel Powell, Amy Schumer (creators)
Cast: Amy Schumer, Kevin Kane, Mike Houston
1995 | Mystery | NRSummary: Denzel Washington plays an out of work WWII vet who takes the wrong job and is soon neck-deep in a mess of politics, murder, and jazz in '40s Los Angeles.Director: Carl Franklin
Cast: Denzel Washington, Tom Sizemore, Jennifer Beals
2013 | Drama | RSummary: Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill have boundless energy in the story of a real-life commodities crook who earned millions through scummy small-time stock trades.Director: Martin Scorsese
Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Margot Robbie
1997 | Crime | RSummary: Quentin Tarantino adaptats an Elmore Leonard novel into this story of a few increasingly desperate people scraping to get by.Director: Quentin Tarantino
Cast: Pam Grier, Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Forster
2008 | Science Fiction | PGSummary: Animated series continues the story of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker as they battle the Emperor Palpatine, Count Dooku and General Grievous, but also takes time to explore other smaller characters in the Star Wars universe.Director: George Lucas (creator)
Cast: Tom Kane, Dee Bradley Baker, Matt Lanter
1993 | Sports | PGSummary: Emotionally powerful sports classic featuring Sean Astin as a skinny high school kid with big football dreams and the determination to make his way towards his dream team at Notre Dame.Director: David Anspaugh
Cast: Sean Astin, Jon Favreau, Ned Beatty
Let Streaming Genie help you.