"I Wanna Marry Harry" is a new Fox dating show where women who allegedly want a royal husband are treated to an unthinkable opportunity -- the chance to woo and marry Prince Harry! Sound too good to be true? It is. It's not the real Prince Harry. It's an impostor who will only reveal his sham identity to the winner of the dating competition. If this sounds a bit like "Joe Millionaire," you're on to something; this show is from the same creators.
Except here's the thing: I don't believe for a second that these bachelorettes truly believe they have an opportunity to marry Prince Harry. Here's why.
1. The idea of Prince Harry seeking out only American women is lunacy. I know Harry's had some wild Vegas antics, but it would cause an international scandal if he specifically sought a stateside bride on a stateside TV show. Royalty! Come on!
2. His hair isn't THAT red. We all know the real Harry's hair varies from brownish-red to strawberry blond, given the time of year and his general mood. This garish scarlet-headed person is a no-go.
3. You can't tell me that a bunch of women who care about Prince Harry don't know that he has a longtime girlfriend. If you have a crush on Prince Harry, you are grimly aware of his girlfriend Cressida Bonas. You would also be aware that if he were suddenly single, it would be international news.
4. A royal would never, ever associate himself with reality TV. Royals do one thing with their time: charity work. That is what they do. They are not raring to become celebrities outside the realm of a few photo-ops, and they barely give interviews for anything not pertaining to humanitarian work. Basic Princess Di stuff here, guys.
5. Uh, he barely looks like Prince Harry. Where's the devilish stare? The cheeky grin? Those her Harry's two signature attributes. Without them, a marriage with him is pointless.
Inspect this footage. Could you confuse the doppelganger for the real thing?
1997 | Crime | RSummary: Quentin Tarantino adaptats an Elmore Leonard novel into this story of a few increasingly desperate people scraping to get by. It has deep soul, a wicked sense of humor, and Samuel L. Jackson, Robert De Niro, Pam Grier, and Robert Forster.Director: Quentin Tarantino
Cast: Pam Grier, Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Forster
2008 | Science Fiction | PGSummary: Animated series continues the story of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker as they battle the Emperor Palpatine, Count Dooku and General Grievous, but also takes time to explore other smaller characters in the Star Wars universe.Director: George Lucas (creator)
Cast: Tom Kane, Dee Bradley Baker, Matt Lanter
1995 | Mystery | NRSummary: Denzel Washington plays an out of work WWII vet who takes the wrong job and is soon neck-deep in a mess of politics, murder, and jazz in '40s Los Angeles.Director: Carl Franklin
Cast: Denzel Washington, Tom Sizemore, Jennifer Beals
2013 | Comedy | NRSummary: Insanely funny comedy show created by Amy Schumer, who stars in brilliantly funny sketches about sex, city living, dating, and friendship.Director: Daniel Powell, Amy Schumer (creators)
Cast: Amy Schumer, Kevin Kane, Mike Houston
1996 | Crime | RSummary: Jerry, a small-town Minnesota car salesman is bursting at the seams with debt... but he's got a plan. He's going to hire two thugs to kidnap his wife in a scheme to collect a hefty ransom from his wealthy father-in-law. It's going to be a snap and nobody's going to get hurt... until people start ...Director: Joel Coen, Ethan Coen
Cast: William H. Macy, Frances McDormand, Steve Buscemi, Peter Stormare
2013 | Thriller | RSummary: Based on the true story of Daniel Lugo (Mark Wahlberg) a Miami bodybuilder who wants to live the American dream. He would like to have the money that other people have. So he enlists the help of fellow bodybuilder Adrian Doorbal (Anthony Mackie) and ex-convict, Christian bodybuilder Paul Doyle (D...Director: Michael Bay
Cast: Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson, Anthony Mackie, Tony Shalhoub
1993 | Sports | PGSummary: Emotionally powerful sports classic featuring Sean Astin as a skinny high school kid with big football dreams and the determination to make his way towards his dream team at Notre Dame.Director: David Anspaugh
Cast: Sean Astin, Jon Favreau, Ned Beatty
2007 | Comedy | PGSummary: Newlyweds Nick (Ice Cube) and Suzanne (Long) decide to move to the suburbs to provide a better life for their two kids. But their idea of a dream home is disturbed by a contractor (McGinley) with a bizarre approach to business.Director: Steve Carr
Cast: John C. McGinley, Ice Cube, Nia Long, Aleisha Allen
2013 | Drama | RSummary: Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill have boundless energy in the story of a real-life commodities crook who earned millions through scummy small-time stock trades.Director: Martin Scorsese
Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Margot Robbie
Let Streaming Genie help you.