10 More Lessons Oprah Needs to Give Lindsay Lohan
This is exciting: Oprah is telling Lindsay Lohan what to do, and we get to watch. This is why we have TV.
On the most recent episode of "Lindsay," the OWN network docuseries about the actress who once erroneously claimed to know who killed her, Oprah descended on LiLo like the sword of Damocles and -- with the shaky point of her index finger -- asked if Lindsay had been drinking recently. Lindsay shook her head no as several flasks fell out of her hair, but the real highpoint was at the end of the interview when Oprah told the fussy star: "The vultures are waiting to pick your bones. And that shouldn’t frighten you, that should liberate you. That should liberate you. Because if I were you, I wouldn’t let them have me.” Lindsay had tried canceling a shoot earlier that day, but because it cost production money, Oprah bolted in to serve up justice and those fine words of advice.
Conclusion: Every episode of "Lindsay" should be Oprah giving Lindsay advice. Let's help make this happen by suggesting some lessons from Oprah to LiLo.
1. "You've delivered on your promise of sobriety. Thank you, Lindsay. But that's not the same thing as delivering a 4.0 rating. Come on now."
2. "If you end this show now, you'll never get syndication rights. That's what you want, Lindsay. Syndication. That's how I'm Oprah. That's how I'm not Ricki Lake. That's how Merv Griffin and I bought matching continents. No, you've never heard of them."
3. "You need a Gayle. Buy a fancy lamp you can talk to."
4. "Don't let Anjelica Huston beat you to an Oscar just because Margaret Avery split your vote. Believe in yourself and 30 years from now no one will remember what 'Prizzi's Honor' is."
5. "Let the vultures circle. They'll block you from any more sun damage."
6. "It's like my friend Alice Walker said: 'Who the f*ck is Lindsay Lohan?' You can only improve from there."
7. "Don't get self-important, honey. This is cable. I'm not paying anyone enough to care about you."
8. "No pressure, but I'll bury you and Nate Berkus in the same CB2 ottoman if you keep this up."
9. "Get back to your craft, Lindsay. The craft of making me money."
10. "Let my unflinching stare be your sobriety coach. Bye now."
And oh, look: Next week's adventure is even greater.
1997 | Crime | RSummary: Quentin Tarantino adaptats an Elmore Leonard novel into this story of a few increasingly desperate people scraping to get by.Director: Quentin Tarantino
Cast: Pam Grier, Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Forster
2008 | Science Fiction | PGSummary: Animated series continues the story of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker as they battle the Emperor Palpatine, Count Dooku and General Grievous, but also takes time to explore other smaller characters in the Star Wars universe.Director: George Lucas (creator)
Cast: Tom Kane, Dee Bradley Baker, Matt Lanter
1995 | Mystery | NRSummary: Denzel Washington plays an out of work WWII vet who takes the wrong job and is soon neck-deep in a mess of politics, murder, and jazz in '40s Los Angeles.Director: Carl Franklin
Cast: Denzel Washington, Tom Sizemore, Jennifer Beals
2013 | Comedy | NRSummary: Insanely funny comedy show created by Amy Schumer, who stars in brilliantly funny sketches about sex, city living, dating, and friendship.Director: Daniel Powell, Amy Schumer (creators)
Cast: Amy Schumer, Kevin Kane, Mike Houston
2013 | Drama | RSummary: Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill have boundless energy in the story of a real-life commodities crook who earned millions through scummy small-time stock trades.Director: Martin Scorsese
Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Margot Robbie
1993 | Sports | PGSummary: Emotionally powerful sports classic featuring Sean Astin as a skinny high school kid with big football dreams and the determination to make his way towards his dream team at Notre Dame.Director: David Anspaugh
Cast: Sean Astin, Jon Favreau, Ned Beatty
Let Streaming Genie help you.