TV Boards

Advertisement
TV General
Discuss anything that doesn't fit into another TV category
Created almost 3 years ago.
dumbricht
Treme - Season 2 - worth it?

Good chance I will get HBO for the next two months so I can watch "Luck".

So since I have it, should I spend the time watching "Treme"?

I liked season 1, although it never quite became must watch material for me.

And yes, I'm one of those people who deem "The Wire" as one of the greatest shows of all time. And no, I'm not judging "Treme" against that.

Report Abuse
Replied over 2 years ago.
Ricardo

I preferred the first season but most people liked season two more. I really like the series.

But if you liked the first one and will get HBO because of Luck, what's the hold-up?

Reply Report Abuse
CaseyMoore

Yes. This show gets New Orleans better than any show I have seen. I live here. Grew up here. And there are moments when characters say things and my wife looks at me and says, "That's you." Great show. Sadly season 3 won't come on until later in the year.

If you like it, be sure to check out Dave Walker's posts on NOLA.com about each episode. Treme, like Luck, just drops you into this world and expects you to be an adult and keep up.

Reply Report Abuse
How_to_make_it_in_america_thumb
theexxs

I think Season 2 in general it's like the Season 1 finale. It's fun, sad and full of drama and music.

For me Season 1 wasn't must watch either, but the second season really became a must watch for me.

The only "con" for me was the Jon Sena character, by the end of the season, I think it was just unnecessary to have him on the show.

Reply Report Abuse