TV Boards

Advertisement
TV General
Discuss anything that doesn't fit into another TV category
Created over 2 years ago.
Dave_square_thumb
dave1279
I'd like to see a network take a chance on a hour of programming that was made up of four 15 minute shows

Discussion about I'd like to see a network take a chance on a hour of programming that was made up of four 15 minute shows.

Report Abuse
Replied over 2 years ago.
ivodka_jovic

I'm sure the classic sitcom will be there soon enough. (since they cut from 22 mins to 20 and we all know just how hard it is to tell a story in that time, heaven forbid the story isn't a standalone)

Reply Report Abuse
Bob2012_thumb
bobsixtysix

That network exists and is known as Adult Swim.

Reply Report Abuse
Dave_square_thumb
dave1279
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsixtysix

That network exists and is known as Adult Swim.

Good point! I'd forgotten about Robot Chicken an Friends.

Reply Report Abuse
Andrew L

It won't likely happen. You still have to pay a full crew to shoot the episodes, which would be more like 10/11 minutes so they can still get in commercials. The shorter run time means fewer production days, so it would technically be cheaper, but it wouldn't be half the price of a half hour sitcom. And 10 minutes is just not enough to tell any kind of satisfying story. Adult Swim gets away with it because all of their shows are just joke delivery systems. They are far less plot heavy than a typical network show.

Reply Report Abuse
Itm_uproxx_thumb
itrainmonkeys

It can work, as was pointed out with Adult Swim. Sometimes that can be even better, when you have a full show without commercial breaks. They go by quick but certain types of shows are perfect for the 15 minute block. Robot Chicken and Tim & Eric for example are shows that are perfect for 15 minutes.

I wouldn't mind seeing a network like NBC or ABC try it but I am not sure if they would do it.

Reply Report Abuse
Laptop_thumb
pamelajaye

I think FOX did that once, but it wasn't 4, maybe 2. I remember a motorcycle, Diedrich Bader, Adam West... and furniture covered in plastic. That's all I've got.

Reply Report Abuse
bybrandy

Well, really 3 15 minute shows. You need time for commercials if it is network.

Reply Report Abuse
Shake_boost_mobile_bling_thumb
War Chief Shake Zula
Quote:
Originally Posted by bybrandy

Well, really 3 15 minute shows. You need time for commercials if it is network.

It would be four eleven minute shows plus commercials. That's how Adult Swim does it.

Reply Report Abuse