TV Boards

Advertisement
Sitcoms
Discuss the Office, Modern Family, 30 Rock and other shows that make you laugh for 30 minutes
Created over 2 years ago.
Midnight_run_mca255950_thumb
sepinwall
How I Met Your Mother's 150th episode: "46 Minutes"
Spoilers Included

I'm not reviewing this week's HIMYM because I took Monday and Tuesday off, but apparently lots of people want to discuss it, whether they loved it or hated it. So go for it right here.

Report Abuse
Replied over 2 years ago.
MDK

I enjoyed the episode, as I do most episode, but I was convinced that Alan would have a negative review for it, so I was surprised to hear you actually enjoyed it. I liked the Alternate Lily and Marshall plot and it's always fun when they create a new intro (nothing is better than when the cast did the band intro).

I don't think this whole Long Island thing is going to stick long, they are already regretting it, and I just don't see it working well long term, but we'll see.

Reply Report Abuse
bybrandy

I wasn't at all thrilled with it but I didn't hate it. So I'd put it middle of the road for me. I very much enjoyed the credits, though.

Reply Report Abuse
isaacl
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK

I enjoyed the episode, as I do most episode, but I was convinced that Alan would have a negative review for it, so I was surprised to hear you actually enjoyed it. I liked the Alternate Lily and Marshall plot and it's always fun when they create a new intro (nothing is better than when the cast did the band intro).

I don't think this whole Long Island thing is going to stick long, they are already regretting it, and I just don't see it working well long term, but we'll see.

Barney interjecting himself into the intro was just great, as well as the other times he assumed the mantle of group leader. (To be honest, I think Ted is really more of the leader, with Marshall as, well, the guy you can count on to do everything (just as his dad *knew* everything), and Lily as master strategist.)

Reply Report Abuse
apmauldin

My favorite was Ted's song "We built chip city, we built chip city on all your dough!" I thought it was very clever and it was stuck in my head for 4 days straight. I also love when they change the opening credits.

Reply Report Abuse
ajgold19

I thought this was a great episode because of Barney. He is just one of the funniest characters on tv and this show is just better when the focus is on him.

Reply Report Abuse