Review: 'Wilfred' - 'Trust': Let my love open the door
Wilfred seeks revenge after Ryan betrays his trust
A quick review of "Wilfred" episode 2 coming up just as soon as Bob Barker is the puppetmaster...
In what little I've seen of "Wilfred" so far, the show is at its funniest when Wilfred is shifting rapidly back and forth between man and dog (or, better when the human and canine sides are present at once). Though "Trust" deals with Wilfred's fear of going to the vet, and the larger dog-like personality trait of irrationally trusting others, this was the episode of the three that felt most like it was just about a guy in a dog suit getting away with mischief because only Ryan sees him that way, and thus was less satisfying to me than the pilot or next week's episode.
That said, Jason Gann's energy in the title role is so infectious, and his chemistry with Elijah Wood so strong, that I imagine I'm going to be sticking with this one for a while, even as the American writers work to master exactly what their perspective on this character and this world is.
(Also, I'm 12, and Wilfred's various bodily fixations amuse me more than I should probably admit.)
What did everybody else think?
News From Our Partners
- Hulu.com: 7 Things That Wouldn't Exist Without The Office Larry Womack: In Defense of (the Original) James T. Kirk 'Storage Wars': Ivy Finds Giant Clam Shell
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is What Goes Bump in the Night 'The Simpsons' Taps Kristen Wiig For Guest Arc As FBI Agent CBS Fall 2013 Schedule: 'Mike & Molly' to 2014, More Comedy Thursday, and 'Hawaii' to Friday
- Best Alicia Keys Instagram Photos – Picture Perfect Taylor Swift Fan Arrested for Swimming Near Her Rhode Island Beach House Taylor Swift vs. Pink vs. Rihanna vs. Beyonce: Whose Tour Costume Do You Like Best? – Readers Poll
- In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness Digital Multiplex: The Last Stand, Side Effects, and More RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: Ambitious, Time-Jumping Epic Cloud Atlas
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- Tolerability Index: This week we're barely putting up with The Killing TV Roundtable: When My Boys tested its prickly chemistry by inviting some new faces to the poker table The Walkthrough: The New Girl showrunners on topping season two’s big kiss (Part 5 of 5)
- 'Star Trek' Baddie Benedict Cumberbatch Reveals Role's Biggest Challenge Cannes Film Festival 2013: Our Must-See Movies 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Sounds
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival CBS's 2013-2014 Season: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays
Some experimenting, but mostly the same old, successful CBSWednesday, May 15, 2013
A badger gets loose at Cece's wedding, and Nick and Jess ponder their futureTuesday, May 14, 2013
Has the show solved Winston yet? What stories would she redo?Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Dan and Alan break down the first batch of fall schedulesTuesday, May 14, 2013