Why I'll miss 'Community' when it's gone: Because we are about to enter the darkest timeline
The show leaves NBC's schedule for a while after tonight, so let's get evil!
Okay, tonight's the night, "Community" fans. NBC is about to rerun the last episode of the show that's currently scheduled to air on the network. While we know the remaining 12 episodes are going to air sometime, somewhere(*), for the moment, "Community" disappears from our televisions.
(*) Conveniently, it's NBC's day at the TV critics' press tour tomorrow, and I imagine Bob Greenblatt will be fielding a question or three about this show - just as, unfortunately, I imagine Greenblatt is going to give us nothing in the way of concrete answers about its return. (For him to know where it will be would require him to know which mid-season moves will fail, and even if he has an idea that, say, the "Whitney"/"Are You There, Chelsea?" bloc will be a mess, he's not going to admit to that before it debuts.)
And with the impending absence staring us in the face, it means that there can only be one choice for this week's Why I'll Miss "Community" (about to become Why I Miss "Community") clip: Evil Abed explaining how the events of "Remedial Chaos Theory" led them all to become trapped in the darkest timeline.
So strap on your felt goatee, enjoy Troy's artificial voicebox, and start talking about what, if anything, you plan to be doing to keep the "Community" flame alive during the gloomy period ahead of us.
News From Our Partners
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Supernatural Season 8 Finale Review: It's Raining Angels
- Crosstalk: A fan and a newbie catch up on the first season of The Venture Bros. AVQ&A: What are your favorite and least favorite cultural baits and switches? Podmass: The Dice Man infiltrates podcasting, Casey Wilson chokes up on The JV Club, and Kumail vs. Maron
- 'The Office' Series Finale Review: "Finale" 'Anger Management' Review: "Charlie and the Break-Up Coach" 'Hannibal' Review: "Fromage"
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel
- Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? 'The Office' Finale: Michael Scott's Surprise Appearance And Your New 'American Idol' Is ...
- Mariah Carey Medleys, Jennifer Lopez Lives It Up With Pitbull on 'American Idol' Finale [Videos] Candice Glover Wins 'American Idol' Season 12 Beyonce Gets Emotional Onstage in Belgium [Video]
Dwight gets married and the staff revisits the documentary in a lovely farewellThursday, May 16, 2013
Lecter becomes interested in a local killer, and Will begins hearing thingsThursday, May 16, 2013
A show that shouldn't have worked instead became a great, popular, influential oneThursday, May 16, 2013
Some experimenting, but mostly the same old, successful CBSWednesday, May 15, 2013