Watch: 'Fringe' co-star Lance Reddick at Comic-Con
How has Broyles changed over the years, and does Reddick like that?
The thing that always gets me about talking to Reddick is that he's carved out this career playing commanding, tough-but-fair authority figures, all of them with that resonant deep voice, yet in real life he comes across nothing like Phillip Broyles, Cedric Daniels from "The Wire," etc. It's not just that he's far more laid back than the roles he's been typecast in, but that his voice is at least an octave higher. If this were an audio-only interview, I'm not sure I'd entirely believe it was Reddick.(*)
(*) Then again, he's in a cast featuring two Australian actors who also sound nothing in real life like they do on the show, but we'll get to that later today with the Anna Torv/John Noble Aussie duet.
Like many of the actors on the show, Reddick has seen his role evolve greatly over the course of three seasons - including, last season, the addition of an alternate version of the character to play - and we talked about how Broyles has changed (and whether he's preferred all the changes), how he approached alt-Broyles differently, and more.
Back a little later with new cast regular Seth Gabel.
News From Our Partners
- Justin Bieber vs. Austin Mahone – PopCrush Prom King of 2013, Round 3 Demi Lovato Sings Selena Gomez's Praises [Video] Oreo 'Wonderfilled' Ad – What's the Song?
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More
- Christopher Nolan for James Bond Movie? Director Allegedly Courted to Direct Edward Furlong, 'Terminator 2' Star, Arrested Again Cannes 2013: $1M in Jewelry Stolen at Film Festival
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Frances Ha' Review 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ — The Real Reason J.J. Abrams Left 'Star Trek' Sega Game Gear Classics Headed to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- YESSSSSSS... Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? The Ultimate Office Blooper Reel
Dwight gets married and the staff revisits the documentary in a lovely farewellThursday, May 16, 2013
Lecter becomes interested in a local killer, and Will begins hearing thingsThursday, May 16, 2013
A show that shouldn't have worked instead became a great, popular, influential oneThursday, May 16, 2013
Some experimenting, but mostly the same old, successful CBSWednesday, May 15, 2013