'True Blood' - 'She's Not There': Fairy godmother
What did everybody think of the season 4 premiere?
Okay, by now, y'all should know the drill on my "coverage" of "True Blood." I'm not a fan of the show (though I do enjoy a few characters like Eric, Jessica and Pam), but I'm aware that this is one area where my tastes don't overlap with what seems like a large portion of my audience, so we reached a compromise last summer: I do these short weekly posts as a place for the What's Alan Watching? crowd to gather to discuss each episode, and if you want a longer recap or analysis, you can go read Leslie Gornstein's take at our Monkeys As Critics blog, usually within a few hours after the episode airs on the East Coast. (UPDATE: And here it is.)
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
The one thing I'll note about the season premiere is that the way Alan Ball chose to return to Bon Temps gave him an out to get rid of a whole lot of the dead weight many of us were concerned about last season. Instead, pretty much everyone's back, and now we've added a coven of witches to this overcrowded universe. At what point does the show just burst at the seams from too many characters in too many unrelated storylines?
And what did everybody think of "She's Not There" overall?
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After Warehouse 13 "The Sky's the Limit" Review: Up Up and Away
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra Comics Panel: New releases include an alternative detective story and a new collection examining the collective urban subconscious Permanent Records: The Breeders’ Last Splash is a rallying cry for the weirdos and stereotype-flouters
- Microsoft Announces Foza Motorsport 5 as an Xbox One Launch Title '24: Live Another Day': Will Mary Lynn Rajskub's Chloe Return? Xbox One's Xbox Live Services Will Get a Boost
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- Daft Punk, 'Random Access Memories' – Album Review Adam Levine Inviting Shakira Over for Sweaty Bikram Yoga Sessions, Sparks Rumors Chris Brown, Demi Lovato + More React to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- 'The Lone Ranger' Trailer: The Rise of an American Legend 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
Will's gift takes an increasing toll; can the bad Dr. Lecter help him?Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Cathy and her family prepare for the end as the Showtime dramedy concludes on a strong noteTuesday, May 21, 2013
Daniel ponders a trip out of town as the terrific first season comes to a closeMonday, May 20, 2013
Some interesting pieces in a new sitcom from the 'HIMYM' guys, but it's a dead show walkingMonday, May 20, 2013