'True Blood' - 'Evil Is Going On': Break up the concrete
The finale, like the season, spends too much time on unnecessary subplots
I've done my best to take an "If you can't say something nice" approach to these weekly "True Blood" posts. It's clear by now that while I don't like the show, many of you do, and it didn't seem too complicated to put up a post each week so y'all could discuss the episodes.
But at the end of season three, I can't resist offering up one opinion on the finale, which is that even factoring in how little I care about the show as a whole, there was a spectacular amount of things I didn't care about in this finale. There was a time when it seemed like Alan Ball was using the supporting characters to lighten Anna Paquin's workload and help him deepen Sookie's world, but by now it seems that he views Jason, Tara, Sam, Arlene, etc. on a practically equal footing with Sookeh, Bill and Eric, and that just wrecks the momentum of the big story arcs.
But, again, I'm just your humble host on these "True Blood" posts. For those of you who are fans, what did you think of the finale? Satisfying? Frustrating? Are you more or less excited to see what's coming next season?
News From Our Partners
- Rihanna Working on Eighth Album [Pic] One Direction to Release Fourth Book This Summer Beyonce Reveals Battle With Tonsillitis + 'Grown Woman' Choreography in Mrs. Carter Show Tour Videos
- New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights 'Fast & Furious 6': How Michelle Rodriguez Came Back From The Dead
- Xbox One Games Can Be Played By Multiple Users on One Console 'American Horror Story: Coven' Adds Emma Roberts 'Fast 6′ vs. 'Hangover 3′: Who Will Win the Memorial Day Weekend Box Office?
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly Interview: Katie Aselton on going from mumblecore to thriller—and directing her own nude scenes TV Roundtable: Boobies, pee-pees, codependence, and grounding the shenanigans with heart
- 'Before Midnight' L.A. Premiere: Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy Celebrate 18 Years Together (PHOTOS) Josh Hutcherson in 'Ape': 'Hunger Games' Star Lines Up Role in Psychological Thriller 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Kneel Before General Zod
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- Please Watch New 'Arrested Development' In Order & Not At Once From 'Idol' Contestants To Judges? From 'Unfabulous' To 'American Horror Story'
If picked up, would be first regular TV job in decades for the 'Soap' and 'SNL' alumWednesday, May 22, 2013
A Showtime leftover doesn't really fit at NBCWednesday, May 22, 2013
Will's gift takes an increasing toll; can the bad Dr. Lecter help him?Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Cathy and her family prepare for the end as the Showtime dramedy concludes on a strong noteTuesday, May 21, 2013