There is a new set of pictures. Discuss. (Among other things)
An open thread to discuss a new quasi-logo, summer programming, etc.
For a variety of reasons, the old rotating logo from the previous blog had to go away, but I had gotten to enjoy the weekly Guess the Logo game. So I'm going to try to keep it going, sort of, by doing a weekly collection of four TV pictures, like the one above, and again invite you to guess the theme of the grouping. (This one is obviously made up of "Survivor" contestants, but what do they have in common beyond that? It's not that hard, but we'll again switch between the easy and the esoteric.)
Meanwhile, we may as well also use this post as an open thread of sorts for any questions you have on recent TV developments not otherwise covered by my other posts, and also to take some early suggestions on what show, if any, might join
"The Sopranos" "The Wire" season 3 as a summer TV-on-DVD project. (Doing three at once last year with "Wire" season 2, "Sports Night" and "Band of Brothers" was too much, so at most it'll be "Wire" and one other.)
I'll try to answer as much as I can throughout the day (at least until 5 p.m. Eastern) if the questions are simple. If it requires a more elaborate response, shoot an e-mail to email@example.com and perhaps we can answer it on an upcoming Firewall & Iceberg segment.
Please save any technical concerns/complaints about HitFix for now. We've gotten plenty of those over the past week, and as I've said before, everyone's comments have been noted by the powers that be, and the ones that can be addressed will be in time. So right now, let's just focus on what's been happening lately on the tube, okay?
News From Our Partners
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Frances Ha' Review 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ — The Real Reason J.J. Abrams Left 'Star Trek' Sega Game Gear Classics Headed to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More
- Christopher Nolan for James Bond Movie? Director Allegedly Courted to Direct Edward Furlong, 'Terminator 2' Star, Arrested Again Cannes 2013: $1M in Jewelry Stolen at Film Festival
- Demi Lovato vs. Perrie Edwards – PopCrush Prom Queen of 2013, Round 3 Justin Bieber vs. Austin Mahone – PopCrush Prom King of 2013, Round 3 Demi Lovato Sings Selena Gomez's Praises [Video]
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
Dan and Alan also discuss the recent finales of 'Survivor' and 'The Amazing Race'Friday, May 17, 2013
Dwight gets married and the staff revisits the documentary in a lovely farewellThursday, May 16, 2013
Lecter becomes interested in a local killer, and Will begins hearing thingsThursday, May 16, 2013
A show that shouldn't have worked instead became a great, popular, influential oneThursday, May 16, 2013