Review: 'The Good Wife' - 'The Death Zone': Axis of awesome
Eli and Kalinda finally meet, and some other things happen
A quick review of last night's "The Good Wife" coming up just as soon as I invoice it...
Many things happened in "The Death Zone," including Diane finally getting wise to some of the things going on in Alicia's personal life (courtesy of Peter using the power of his office to mess with Will), Eddie Izzard getting to use about 16 different British dialects as the clever rival attorney (albeit in a storyline that talked a little too much about our impressions of the British, and vice versa, rather than just letting the differences play out), Peter being remarkably candid (and kind to Alicia) to his son, and guest star Michael Kelly being more interesting in a few minutes of screen time as political strategist Micky Gunn than he ever was on "Criminal Minds: Suspicious Behavior."
But it's hard to even remember anything happened in the hour other than the first meeting of Eli and Kalinda, which was so momentous - and as splendid as one might have imagined - that Eli had to keep remarking on how strange it was that they'd never met before. Some of that is no doubt a reference to her time working for Peter - or perhaps another one of Eli's clients, before Peter and Kalinda helped each other out - but there was definitely a sense of meta from a bunch of writers who were understandably pleased to present this kind of Marvel Team-Up.
What did everybody else think? Are you ready for the Gold/Sharma spin-off now now now? Or did you prefer the Alicia-centric portions of the hour?
News From Our Partners
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
Promising pilots, puzzling scheduling moves and moreSunday, May 19, 2013
The Doctor uncovers Clara's secret and comes face-to-face with a surprising figureSaturday, May 18, 2013
Dan and Alan also discuss the recent finales of 'Survivor' and 'The Amazing Race'Friday, May 17, 2013
Dwight gets married and the staff revisits the documentary in a lovely farewellThursday, May 16, 2013