Programming note: Upfront Week is here
Looking ahead to next season gets in the way of some of my reviews of this season.
Welcome to Upfront Week, boys and girls. The network upfronts unofficially began last night when NBC did their press conference call because they're sharing Monday with Fox, and I'm going to be incredibly busy between today and Thursday attending the various upfront presentations, doing press calls, etc.
And that, unfortunately, means that some of the usual business of the blog - i.e., all the reviewing - is going to be put on hold this week. I'll have reviews of everything I've seen in advance (i.e., "Chuck" and "United States of Tara" tonight, "Justified" tomorrow, etc.), but other than "Lost," I don't know how much I'll be able to write about new episodes that I'll have to catch live from tonight through Wednesday night. So "HIMYM" and "Parenthood" may have to take the week off, for instance. If I get to watch them, I'll do quick, "What did you think?" posts, but that's about the best I can do, unfortunately. Upfront Week comes at a really lousy time for anyone who wants to watch TV in addition to covering the news about the business, and sacrifices need to be made.
Off for the NBC/Fox double-header (and will write up my analysis of Fox's schedule sometime in mid-afternoon), and I'll have a review of the season's penultimate "Chuck" at 9.
News From Our Partners
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Anchorman 2′ Teaser: Stay Classy, Fat Face! Team Fortress 2′s Robotic Boogaloo Community Update Adds Even More Hats Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to Launch with L.A. Zoo's Party Animals
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
Dan and Alan also discuss the recent finales of 'Survivor' and 'The Amazing Race'Friday, May 17, 2013
Dwight gets married and the staff revisits the documentary in a lovely farewellThursday, May 16, 2013
Lecter becomes interested in a local killer, and Will begins hearing thingsThursday, May 16, 2013
A show that shouldn't have worked instead became a great, popular, influential oneThursday, May 16, 2013