'Perfect Couples' - 'Perfect Tens': Don't let the bedbugs bite!
What did everybody think of the sitcom's sneak preview?
A quick thought or three on the sneak preview of "Perfect Couples" coming up just as soon as I sit here and rhyme things with "labia"...
The risk in writing a review of a show without having seen the episode that's going to air that night, even if you've seen later ones, is that the first one could be significantly better or worse than the ones you've seen, and then your opinion seems out of whack with what everyone else is seeing.
"Perfect Tens" wasn't wildly divergent from the series pilot and the other episode NBC sent out for review(*), but it was clearly the weakest of the three I've seen. It's an uneven show, and "Perfect Tens" seemed to feature more of the parts that don't work than the parts that do. (In particular, there wasn't nearly enough Mary Elizabeth Ellis in this one compared to the other two.) I laughed out loud several times at the other two, not at all at this one.
(*) Though, again, in a sign of how rushed this whole process was, the DVDs that were sent out late last week featured Kings of Leon's "Taper Jean Girl" as the theme song, whereas the finished product had what I believe was a brand-new song by A.C. Newman.
But what did you guys think? And based on this preview - and/or its position in a timeslot after "Community" (and where the only other comedy competition is "Feces My Dad Says") - do you plan to watch again when it comes back on January 20?
News From Our Partners
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Can You Guess Which Celebrity Lives in This Mansion? Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Cover Billboard, Recall the Glory Days of Drugs, Myspace + More Lady Gaga Wears Sky High Heels to Versace Party [Pic]
- 'Anchorman 2′ Teaser: Stay Classy, Fat Face! Team Fortress 2′s Robotic Boogaloo Community Update Adds Even More Hats Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to Launch with L.A. Zoo's Party Animals
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
Dan and Alan also discuss the recent finales of 'Survivor' and 'The Amazing Race'Friday, May 17, 2013
Dwight gets married and the staff revisits the documentary in a lovely farewellThursday, May 16, 2013
Lecter becomes interested in a local killer, and Will begins hearing thingsThursday, May 16, 2013
A show that shouldn't have worked instead became a great, popular, influential oneThursday, May 16, 2013