Keeping things in moderation: 'Sherlock'
Your local TV critic will be heading to New York to talk about a London detective
Turns out Thursday night's "Boardwalk Empire" Emmy panel (which I hope to post clips of sometime in the next few days) wasn't the only TV-related event I'll be moderating over the next week or so. This Thursday, May 3, at 6 p.m. Eastern, I'll be in New York at the Apple Store SoHo to talk about "Sherlock" with writer Steven Moffat and his producing partner (and wife) Sue Vertue, in advance of that show's American premiere on PBS on Sunday, May 6.
Where the "Boardwalk" event was streamed live, my understanding is that this "Sherlock" Q&A (some with me, some with the audience) will be available to download as a video podcast at a later date. I'll offer those details when I have them.
I've seen all three parts of "Sherlock" season 2 and am very excited to have this show back. (Though, as with the first season, the middle episode lagged behind the other two.) Based on the response last year, and my "Doctor Who" coverage during the period when there was a lag between British and American airings, my guess is that many of you have already watched the entire second season, so I'll ask you to be vague in the comments out of respect for both my spoiler policy and the American viewers who haven't seen it yet.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- 'Da Vinci's Demons' Review: "The Devil" 'Assassin's Creed' Movie Slated For Memorial Day 2015 Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas'
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
Dan and Alan also discuss the recent finales of 'Survivor' and 'The Amazing Race'Friday, May 17, 2013
Dwight gets married and the staff revisits the documentary in a lovely farewellThursday, May 16, 2013
Lecter becomes interested in a local killer, and Will begins hearing thingsThursday, May 16, 2013
A show that shouldn't have worked instead became a great, popular, influential oneThursday, May 16, 2013