Interview: 'Breaking Bad' co-star Betsy Brandt
It's not easy being Hank's wife
And now we come to the last of the three "Breaking Bad" interviews I successfully(*) recorded on a trip to Albuquerque a couple of months ago. (Previously, I spoke with Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston, and also posted my review of the new season and photos from a tour of the set.)
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
(*) Anna Gunn and I had a good conversation about Walt and Skyler's marriage, but technology was not my friend with that one, alas.
Our final subject: Betsy Brandt, whose Marie sometimes can get lost in the shuffle of a very testosterone-fueled show, but who becomes more prominent this season as Marie tries to deal with Hank's attitude post-shooting. We spoke about the evolution of Marie from the selfish klepto of season 1 to who she is now, about Brandt's off-camera friendship with Dean Norris, Marie's relationship with brother-in-law Walt, and more.
As with the previous video interviews, I apologize for the camerawork, and suggest that if it bothers you, just listen and open up a new browser to look at animated "Parks and Recreation" gifs.
News From Our Partners
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion
- 'The Voice' Live Round Recap: The Top 10 Perform Beyonce Is a 'Grown Woman' in Leaked Track Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21
Daniel ponders a trip out of town as the terrific first season comes to a closeMonday, May 20, 2013
Some interesting pieces in a new sitcom from the 'HIMYM' guys, but it's a dead show walkingMonday, May 20, 2013
Firewall & Iceberg Podcast, episode 183: 'Behind the Candelabra,' 'The Goodwin Games,' 'Motive' & moreDan and Alan also review 'Save Me,' talk about 'SNL' departures and a wacky 'Mad Men'Monday, May 20, 2013
A police procedural that doesn't bother with whodunnit, but doesn't replace it with anything interestingMonday, May 20, 2013