Gotta keep on growing
Running down some new additions to HitFix's TV coverage
I'm back from my trip to California, which gave me a chance to do a couple of interviews and meet up with the largely LA-based HitFix staff. It's been more than a year since I came to the site. The place has grown and changed in a lot of ways since I've been here, and we're in the midst of some big expansions, specifically to the TV coverage.
First of all, we've now added a third regular TV voice to the section in Liane Bonin Starr, whose Starr Raving blog launched last week. While Fienberg and I are not the exact same person, our sensibilities and tastes are similar enough that there's an awful lot of kinds of television we just don't get to - or, at times, just don't get. So Liane's going to be opining on some of those other corners of the TV world. Among her early posts: a look at what we'll lose as soap operas die, a compare/contrast of "The Talk" and "The View," and some thoughts on the return of "Celebrity Rehab" in light of the recent deaths of two past participants. Liane will also continue to recap "Top Chef," "So You Think You Can Dance," "Vampire Diaries" and a lot of other shows.
Speaking of which, a slight tweak: all of my reviews/recaps/whatever have always appeared on this blog, but anything that Dan, Liane or freelancers recapped was featured on our Monkeys as Critics blog. Now Dan's stuff ("Idol," "Survivor," "Amazing Race," etc.) will appear on his The Fien Print blog, and Liane's recaps will be on Starr Raving. Monkeys as Critics will still exist, and be the place where the shows not covered by any of us full-time staffers (like Ryan McGee's "Glee" and "Fringe" recaps this season) will appear.
Third, the "American Idol" fantasy league we ran this spring proved popular enough that we're continuing the concept. We have a "So You Think You Can Dance" league starting up now, we'll do "Project Runway" later this summer, and our plan is to do a bunch of them next season.
Me, I'm gonna keep doing what it is that I do. Things are a bit slow now, but Comic-Con and press tour will be here before you know it, and there's enough interesting summer TV (and summer projects like the "Deadwood" and "Twin Peaks" re-visits) to keep you and me occupied.
News From Our Partners
- The CW's 'Cult' Returns from Cancellation June 28 'White House Down' Featurette: Roland Emmerich Revists White House-Based Mayhem Jimmy Fallon Goes 'Game of Thrones' For 'Late Night's "Game of Desks"
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report
- Weekly Ketchup: Fox and Marvel Both Courting Quicksilver for Comic Blockbusters Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More
- 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In! 'Return Of The Jedi' Turns 30: Secrets Of Ewok Language Revealed! 'Fast & Furious 6' Expected To Lap 'Hangover III' At Box Office
- Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Nine: James Gray and Joaquin Phoenix reteam for a compelling period drama
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Do These Four New Arrested Development Clips Get You Excited for the Show's Return? (VIDEO) Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz
- Would You Rather… Hang Backstage with One Direction or the Jonas Brothers? Watch Kesha Perform 'Machine Gun Love' Live See Pictures of Your Favorite Celebrity Couples Now + Then
Steven Soderbergh biopic about Liberace is HBO's best movie in yearsFriday, May 24, 2013
Will gets lost in a case, and Lecter tries to protect Abigail HobbsThursday, May 23, 2013
Announcing this summer's blog rewatch seriesThursday, May 23, 2013
The Dunphys and Pritchetts head to Florida for the funeral of Phil's momThursday, May 23, 2013