FX sets summer premiere dates for 'Louie,' 'Wilfred' and 'Rescue Me'
Louis C.K. to team up with talking dog in June, final 'Rescue Me' season in July
While FX's two most recent series, "Terriers" and "Lights Out," didn't succeed, overall the channel has had a healthy last few years, including last summer's launch of Louis C.K.'s brilliant low-budget comedy "Louie." Today, FX announced the return date for "Louie," which will be paired with the very promising - and very strange - new comedy "Wilfred," along with the premiere date for the final season of "Rescue Me."
"Wilfred" and "Louie" season two will premiere on Thursday, June 23, at 10 and 10:30 p.m., respectively. The last season of "Rescue Me," meanwhile, will be Tuesday, July 12 at 10 p.m.
"Wilfred" is based on an Australian comedy of the same name, and features that show's star and creator Jason Gann as, well... Wilfred, a dog whom next-door neighbor Elijah Wood for some reason sees as a troublemaking but bold human in a dog suit. This promotional clip gives you some sense of what it's like. I watched the pilot back at January press tour, and it's both funny and mesmerizingly weird. I look forward to seeing more, and to discussing it with you, and I sure as hell can't wait to see more "Louie."
( "Rescue Me," on the other hand? Maybe I'll tune in for the finale, but I've been burned - pardon the pun - one too many times by that show to make the week-to-week investment, even for a final season.)
News From Our Partners
- 'Man Of Steel': Is Zod Superman's Khan? New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- Charlotte Robinson: Somer Bingham Talks LGBT Issues and Life After The Real L Word (AUDIO) PHOTOS: Has Ellen Had Enough Of LA? Jennifer Aniston On 'Friends' Reunion: 'We All Miss Working Together'
- 'Metallica Through the Never' Trailer: Angry Mobs and "Master of Puppets" 'Timecop' Being Remade, As All Movies Eventually Must 'We're The Millers' Red Band NSFW Trailer: Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudeikis Smuggle Drugs
- Justin Bieber's 'Baby' Is Highest-Certified Single in History, But His Monkey Is No Longer His Son Ho Young's Girlfriend Found Dead Listen to The-Dream Collaborate With Beyonce on 'Turnt'
- Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single Watch This: Ronin is a triumph of crime-flick economy Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs
If picked up, would be first regular TV job in decades for the 'Soap' and 'SNL' alumWednesday, May 22, 2013
A Showtime leftover doesn't really fit at NBCWednesday, May 22, 2013
Will's gift takes an increasing toll; can the bad Dr. Lecter help him?Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Cathy and her family prepare for the end as the Showtime dramedy concludes on a strong noteTuesday, May 21, 2013