First look: The zombies of AMC's 'Walking Dead'
Do you like people who eat brains? Frank Darabont sure hopes so.
Production began today in Atlanta on AMC's adaptation of Robert Kirkman's zombie comic book epic "The Walking Dead," written and directed by Frank Darabont ("The Shawshank Redemption") and starring Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Jeffrey DeMunn, Laurie Holden, Sarah Wayne Callies, and the cable channel released its first image of how its zombies will look.
Though I'm a devout comic book nerd, I haven't had time to pick up many new titles in the last few years, and "Walking Dead" has been on that ever-expanding list of books I mean to try if I had unlimited paid vacation time (and round-the-clock childcare). Still, AMC's track record so far with "Mad Men" and "Breaking Bad" means I'm very intrigued by the series, even though I'm not a zombie-hound in general.
So click through to look at the zombie lady, and then, two questions for the fanboys and girls: 1)Are you excited to see this adapted, or does it seem like the kind of title that's better-off on the page? (Someone attempted to turn "Fables" into a series a while back, for instance, but that's one I can't see working in live action.) 2)In this hypothetical time bubble where all I can do is read (and where my glasses aren't broken), what other new series of the past 5 or 6 years do I need to have stacked up next to my lounge chair?
News From Our Partners
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
Promising pilots, puzzling scheduling moves and moreSunday, May 19, 2013
The Doctor uncovers Clara's secret and comes face-to-face with a surprising figureSaturday, May 18, 2013
Dan and Alan also discuss the recent finales of 'Survivor' and 'The Amazing Race'Friday, May 17, 2013
Dwight gets married and the staff revisits the documentary in a lovely farewellThursday, May 16, 2013