'Cougar Town' - 'Makin' Some Noise': You got served! (And owned!)
Another strong, silly episode for the Cul-de-Sac Crew
A quick review of last night's "Cougar Town" coming up just as soon as I explain the difference between "served" and "owned"...
The Knicks have a backup point guard named Toney Douglas who during summer league last year said his plan for his rookie year was to "Do what Toney Douglas do." Do What Toney Douglas Do quickly became his nickname (that, or the DWTDD acronym) among the poor, masochstic Knicks blogosphere, and you would see game recaps where a predictable Douglas effort (strong defense, good three-point shooting, uneven playmaking) would be summed up simply as "Toney Douglas did what he do."
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
This week, like usual, we got random nicknames (Square-Head/Not-Bobby), silly games (Wine 'N Spy), goofy outfits (Grayson's tight jeans, Bobby's half-shirt) boundary-pushing behavior (everyone at Travis' dorm), Ellie/Laurie gamesmanship, a good Grayson song, etc. Just fun, and if the episode had contained nothing but Laurie's "I thought it was to represent Compton" line, I'd have been pleased enough.
I don't want the show to go into a creative tailspin to give me a new angle to write about, but given how little variance there is from week to week in either style or quality, I'm trying to think how I can keep one of my favorite shows in the rotation without just listing things I found funny in it.
But as for the episode itself, what did everybody else think?
News From Our Partners
- Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More Video: The Hangover Part III Cast Interviews
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
- CBS Fall 2013: 'Intelligence' Extended Trailer Evokes 'Chuck' For Grown-Ups Marvel's 'Avengers Assemble': Producers Explain Movie Tie-In, Plus New Clip! 'Hannibal' Review: "Trou Normand"
- Quicksilver in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past': Evan Peters Cast as Magneto's Son 'Poltergeist' Reboot May Actually Be a Sequel Brad Pitt Shocks Fans at 'World War Z' Screening (VIDEO)
- The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced
- Podmass: David Sedaris describes his bath time, cicadas are explained, and Wompler returns Interview: Mitchell Hurwitz talks about the resurrection of Arrested Development AVQ&A: What pop-culture family would you want to join?
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Scoop: 'Callie Isn't A Victim' 'Supernatural's' Surprising Ratings Victory Three Years Later, People Are Still Livid About 'Lost'
- The Saturdays Are Sexy Housewives Seeking a 'Gentleman' in New Video Enter for a Chance to See Emblem3 Live on 'Good Morning America!' Bruno Mars Rumored for 'American Idol' Judge Spot
Will gets lost in a case, and Lecter tries to protect Abigail HobbsThursday, May 23, 2013
Announcing this summer's blog rewatch seriesThursday, May 23, 2013
The Dunphys and Pritchetts head to Florida for the funeral of Phil's momThursday, May 23, 2013
If picked up, would be first regular TV job in decades for the 'Soap' and 'SNL' alumWednesday, May 22, 2013