'Burn Notice' - 'Neighborhood Watch': You got the knife, I got the briefcase
When Plan A fails, Plan B should always involve high-grade explosives.
A quick review of last night's "Burn Notice" coming up just as soon as I promise there will be hitting involved at some point...
Midway through "Neighborhood Watch," Michael voiceovers that sometimes spies get too clever for their own good, and that's a trap that "Burn Notice" itself can fall into on occasion. We like to see Michael outsmart the bad guys, and navigate his shady post-spy existence, but sometimes we just want to see Mike, Sam and Fi break out the hardware and start shooting and blowing up everything in sight.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
I don't know that I'm looking forward to another episode of Kendra, though, as I don't think I buy Navi Rawat as this smart and dangerous killer. More to the point, though, I think I'm starting to lose the thread on the larger arc about the evil group that Michael and Jesse are chasing. I know it's all basically a MacGuffin to put Michael with Jesse and to drive the story forward, in the same way that a lot of the stories in the middle passage of a "24" season were irrelevant time-fillers. But it's beginning to feel like this arc, contrary to Michael's advice, is outsmarting itself by getting more complicated than it needs to be.
What did everybody else think?
News From Our Partners
- 'Star Wars Rebels': New Animated Series Will Take Place Between 'Episode III and 'Episode IV' James Badge Dale, 'Iron Man 3' Star, Is Also in 'World War Z' and 'The Lone Ranger' 'Blue Jasmine' Poster Debut: Cate Blanchett Is Strikingly Stoic (PHOTO)
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- Why Do I Own This?: A pint glass nicked from Forks, Washington, a.k.a. “Twilight, U.S.A.” Scenic Routes: A quiet scene from The Matrix demonstrates how to make exposition compelling Nerd Curious: Why the essential collection Bradbury Stories explains how to live forever
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast? 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Spoiler Special: Burning Questions Answered 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now!
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! Hey TV.com, Should I Watch The Goodwin Games?
- The Women TV Is Still Missing Jason Isaacs Reveals The One Co-Star He Won't Work With Again WATCH: La Toya's Tearful Break-Up Phone Call
- One Direction Thank Their Fans for 2013 Billboard Music Award Wins Drake + Jay-Z Working on New Music [Pic] Taylor Swift Gets Grossed Out When Selena Gomez + Justin Bieber Kiss Backstage at 2013 Billboard Awards [Pics]
Firewall & Iceberg Podcast, episode 183: 'Behind the Candelabra,' 'The Goodwin Games,' 'Motive' & moreDan and Alan also review 'Save Me,' talk about 'SNL' departures and a wacky 'Mad Men'Monday, May 20, 2013
A police procedural that doesn't bother with whodunnit, but doesn't replace it with anything interestingMonday, May 20, 2013
The paperback is being re-released tomorrowMonday, May 20, 2013
Don and Stan get a special shot, the agency loses a leader and Sally meets her 'Grandma Ida'Monday, May 20, 2013