'American Idol': Would ya like to take a survey?
Enjoy a little catharsis at the expense of Randy, Kara and Ellen
My friends over at A List of Things Thrown Five Minutes Ago pointed out that the official "American Idol" website has a link to a survey about what people might like to see next season - and about what they are and are not enjoying about this one.
I doubt it will actually have much impact - I vaguely recall them doing something similar 2-3 years ago, and the only changes we got were for the worse (the hiring of Kara and all the headaches that came from having four judges instead of three) - but the fact that all these questions are being asked, and that viewers are being invited to pretty openly bash Randy, Kara, Ellen, Seacrest, etc., suggests that someone associated with the show is aware of all the creative problems with this season.
As I've said before, most of the problems with the show come more from arrogance than incompetence. I'm sure they could easily end the show on time each week if they wanted, but they don't care: the attitude being, Why would anyone ever want to watch anything other than "American Idol"? But with the ratings slipping notably this year, sooner or later even these people are going to realize they need to make more than cosmetic changes if they want to survive post-Simon Cowell.
Anyway, if this season has been annoying you as much as it has me, go take the survey. Whether or not it accomplishes anything, it's quite cathartic. And if by some providence, everyone winds up bashing the number of judges (and the uselessness of most of them), the mentors, the lame themes, etc.? Well... do you believe in miracles?
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Nashville Season Finale Review: Funerals, Proposals, Car Accidents, Oh My? What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
- Former Cast Member Bill Hader Reveals Justin Bieber Was Diva on 'SNL' Set Rihanna vs. Nicki Minaj: Which Diva Has the Best Booty? – Readers Poll Rita Ora Dyes Her Hair Bright Blue [Pics]
- Weekend Movies: 'The Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6,' & 'Epic' (VIDEO) 'Dazed and Confused' Sequel: Richard Linklater Says It May Shoot This Fall Morgan Freeman Falls Asleep During Interview for New Movie
- WATCH: Jon Stewart Shuts Down Bill O'Reilly '900 Pound Man: The Race Against Time': Is It Too Late? Ashley Benson Is Not Dating All Of Her Friends
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Eight: Blue Is The Warmest Color captures a relationship’s rawness and beauty Hear This: Pantera’s “Walk” is the cry of aggrieved, disaffected youth Watch This: Vanishing Point caters to car nuts and existentialists alike
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
Announcing this summer's blog rewatch seriesThursday, May 23, 2013
The Dunphys and Pritchetts head to Florida for the funeral of Phil's momThursday, May 23, 2013
If picked up, would be first regular TV job in decades for the 'Soap' and 'SNL' alumWednesday, May 22, 2013
A Showtime leftover doesn't really fit at NBCWednesday, May 22, 2013