Comic-Con Live-Blog: The Cullens' 'Breaking Dawn' press conference
Elizabeth Reaser, Nikki Reed, Ashley Greene and Julia Jones
We had a change of schedule...
9:13 a.m. The first thing Ashley Greene did when she was cast was call her parents. "I hadn't read the books, so I didn't really know the scope of what I was getting into," Elisabeth Reaser says. Nikki agrees that it "developed and unfolded," but that none of them really knew what they were getting into. Julia Jones was cast after the first movie, so she knew what she was getting into.
9:15 a.m. What was the last day of being on set like? Well, they all had different last shooting days. Many of the Cullens, in fact, shot their last scenes after director Bill Condon was gone. "It's just so weird to end something. And five movies, I don't think it had hit any of us yet," Reaser says, though she says she knew they'd still be promoting it for several years.
9:17 a.m. "Who knows? Fans are certainly passionate about it, so there's definitely an opportunity for it," Ashley says of the possibility for more "Twilight" stories after this. But Reaser quickly adds that she thinks Stephanie Meyer is done with them.
9:18 a.m. "I think they find some sort of middle ground. They learn to understand each other," Nikki Reed says of the relationship between Bella and Rosalie.
9:19 a.m "The nice part of this being on film is that Alice will live on forever and Alice will always have a piece of my heart," Greene says.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
9:20 a.m. Favorite lines? "I was a bit theatrical back then," says Nikki Reed, who claims she didn't realize how funny that line was. Reaser laments that a sexy scene between her character and Peter Facinelli's character was cut from the first movie. "Leah has some awesomely mean one-liners," Jones says of Leah Clearwater.
9:22 a.m. "I was always a fan of vampires," Reaser says and Greene agrees. "I just didn't think much about them. I wasn't a fan, but I wasn't not a fan," Nikki says of her relationship with vampires. "I was nerdy in a totally different way," says Julia Jones. Boo Boo Stewart says he's always been into fantasy stuff.
9:23 a.m. What was it like shooting the wedding scene? "I always think wedding scenes are weird. You're sitting there watching somebody walk down the aisle, but not really," says Greene, who says that group scenes are her favorite and she compares it to the vampire baseball scene. "I want to tell you how amazing it was, but I can't really tell you anything about it," Reaser teases. "I just thought it was really cold outside," Boo Boo Stewart remembers.
9:25 a.m. How would they like to do Comic-Con if they could wander around incognito? "I thought about dressing up this time and just running around," Ashley says of Comic-Con. "I want to dress up as Batman," says Reaser. "I'd have to go as a zombie... I love Halloween and dressing up," Boo Boo says. "I'd just like to see you guys," Julia Jones says.
9:26 a.m. Is there anything they'd camp out for? "I haven't had something like that and that's why I have a large amount of respect for our fans. It's amazing that they've found something they're so passionate about," Greene says. Reaser says that she'd camp out for the White Stripes, but only if she knew the band was visiting and she could be in a safari tent. Boo Boo says he'd camp out for "Lord of the Rings."
9:28 a.m. "The Egyptians were cool... There were all of these international vampires wandering around," Reaser says of the new vampires in "Breaking Dawn. "There were those nutty Romanian guys. They're outfits were all S&M inspired," says Reed, who also references Lee Pace as a new face she liked. Boo Boo was star-struck by Maggie Grace and not because of "Lost." He apparently was a big fan of "Taken."
9:30 a.m. A Brazilian reporter asks how they liked Brazil. But "only the lovers" got to go to Brazil.
9:31 a.m. Did they take anything from the set when they were don? "I took some socks, but that was only because I needed a pair," Reaser says. "I took American Apparel sweatpants," Greene says. "I took a ton of makeup," Julia says. Reed says she felt guilty about taking things, but Kristen Stewart took Reed's baseball shoes from the first movie and gave them to her. "I took a lot of craft service," Boo Boo says.
9:32 a.m. Julia Jones says she once met at a fan at a con who was wearing a costume covered in feathers and covered in bruises, dressed as Bella... after the wedding night. If you know what I mean.
9:33 a.m. Elizabeth says it used to freak her out when fans would want to come up to her to talk about "the young mens' bodies," specifically Tyler when he was still underage.
9:34 a.m. That's it for this press conference...
News From Our Partners
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
Would Nikita kill the President or not?Saturday, May 18, 2013
Dan and Alan talk upfronts, reality and 'The Office' finaleFriday, May 17, 2013
Kree or Candice? Join as as we wade through over two hours of filler.Thursday, May 16, 2013
This season's shutout winner discusses his path to victoryThursday, May 16, 2013