Wiz Khalifa takes the Steelers to the top of the Billboard Hot 100
But who will land the 1000th No. 1 on the chart next week?
The Pittsburgh Steelers’ loss is Wiz Khalifa’s win as his tribute to the Superbowl losers, “Black and Yellow,” soars 4-1 this week on the Billboard Hot 100.
The song marks his first trip to the top of the chart, as he knocks Bruno Mars’ second No. 1, “Grenade” out of the top spot.
Not to talk anything away from Khalifa’s achievement, but all eyes are on next week’s chart, when, if Khalifa doesn’t hold for a second week--which is very unlikely-- the 1000th song in the history of the Billboard 100 will ascend to the top spot. While it’s way too early to tell what song may claim that distinction, it’s looking less like Pink’s “F**kin’ Perfect” will reach the summit, as the song drops to No. 4. A real possibility is Katy Perry’s “Firework.” If her version returns to No. 1, then we’ll have to wait another week for No. 1,000. However, if the “Glee” version comes in at No. 1, that would ring the bell.
[More after the jump...]
Back to this week’s Hot 100, Dr. Dre has a nice shot of success as “I Need a Doctor” featuring Eminem and Skyler Grey debuts at No. 5, marking his highest bow on the chart. That’s far superior to the first single, Kush,” from his upcoming album “Detox,” which stalled at No. 34.
Also on the ascent is Far*East Movement’s second charting single, “Rocketeer” featuring Ryan Tedder, which moves 9-7.
The Digital Gainer on the Hot 100 belongs to Rihanna’s “S&M,” perhaps in part due to the release of the explicit video.
News From Our Partners
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
'The Great Gatsby' and Beyonce's bey-bey also make the listSunday, May 19, 2013
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013
They let their fingers do the talkingFriday, May 17, 2013
How do you auto-tune a smurf?Friday, May 17, 2013