Will Lady Antebellum's 'Own The Night' own next week's Billboard 200?
How does an 11-year old Beatles album come back on the chart?
It’s way too soon to know if Lady Antebellum’s new album, “Own The Night,” can top 2010’s “Need You Now,” which has sold more than 3 million copies, but the trio’s latest get if off to a great start: it will handily top next week’s Billboard 200 with sales of up to 340,000, according to Hits Daily Double.
Its lead is so commanding that Adele’s “21,” which bounces back up to No. 2, will sell 200,000 fewer copies than “Own The Night.” Both “21” and Lil Wayne’s “The Carter IV” are targeted to move around 115,000 units.
Country singer Brantley Gilbert’s Valory debut—a reworked version of 2010’s “Halfway To Heaven” is set to enter that chart at No. 4, with sales of up to 52,000. That means Gilbert will knock George Strait’s “Here For A Good Time” down to No. 5. There ought to be a law against that.
The third debut on the chart belongs to Staind’s self-titled album on Flip/Atlantic, which will likely come in at No. 6. Debuting at No. 7 should be The Beatles “1,” as the 11-year old greatest hits set has its digital debut. The digital sales (and whatever physical sales resulted from the publicity) should result in sales of up to 40,000 copies. Dream Theater’s “A Dramatic Turn Of Events” is the fourth and last new title to bow in the Top 10 (unless Anthrax’s “Worship Music” gets a major surge), pulling down around 40,000 copies.
Rounding out the Top 10 are “Watch The Throne” from The Throne (which no one uses), i.e. Jay Z and Kanye West, at No. 9 and Red Hot Chili Peppers’ “I’m With You” are No. 10
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Supernatural Season 8 Finale Review: It's Raining Angels
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- Mariah Carey Medleys, Jennifer Lopez Lives It Up With Pitbull on 'American Idol' Finale [Videos] Candice Glover Wins 'American Idol' Season 12 Beyonce Gets Emotional Onstage in Belgium [Video]
- 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now! 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In!
- Crosstalk: A fan and a newbie catch up on the first season of The Venture Bros. AVQ&A: What are your favorite and least favorite cultural baits and switches? Podmass: The Dice Man infiltrates podcasting, Casey Wilson chokes up on The JV Club, and Kumail vs. Maron
- 'The Office' Series Finale Review: "Finale" 'Anger Management' Review: "Charlie and the Break-Up Coach" 'Hannibal' Review: "Fromage"
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel
Watch the Foo Fighters' hilarious speech now before it airs on HBOThursday, May 16, 2013
Phoenix is also on soundtrack for Sofia Coppola-directed filmThursday, May 16, 2013
Where does Mariah Carey's '#Beautiful' #debut?Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Rappers will appear with Bone Thugs N Harmony and Wu-Tang ClanWednesday, May 15, 2013