Watch: Whitney Houston's video for 'Million Dollar Bill'
She looks like, well, a million bucks
Less than a week after Arista released the video for Whitney Houston's ballad "I Look to You," the label has posted the clip for the uptempo "Million Dollar Bill," the second single from her No. 1 album, "I Look to You."
Both are glorified performance clips wrapped in breathtakingly flattering lighting and million dollar production, but the Alicia Keyes-penned "Million Dollar Bill" focuses on the "hip" Houston, as she plays a hidden club, whereas "I Look to You" was all about the elegant Houston.
Her look for much of "Million Dollar Bill"--a short dress that shows off her great legs and short curly hair, plus the use of a circular microphone we swear we've seen in a Whitney video before--recalls Houston circa 1991 (check out the shot at 52 seconds in). In other words, she looks magnificent. In an effort to bring down Houston's fanbase by 10 years (or 20), plus get in a huge product placement for Nokia (remember when MTV didn't allow those?), the clip shows a young woman texting Houston's arrival to a friend (and linking to a map!) using a Nokia PDA.
Because she can, Houston changes outfits three times in the clip--each get up more glamorous than the next.
What do you think?
News From Our Partners
- Xbox One Games Can Be Played By Multiple Users on One Console 'American Horror Story: Coven' Adds Emma Roberts 'Fast 6′ vs. 'Hangover 3′: Who Will Win the Memorial Day Weekend Box Office?
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- 'Before Midnight' L.A. Premiere: Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy Celebrate 18 Years Together (PHOTOS) Josh Hutcherson in 'Ape': 'Hunger Games' Star Lines Up Role in Psychological Thriller 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Kneel Before General Zod
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights 'Fast & Furious 6': How Michelle Rodriguez Came Back From The Dead
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly Interview: Katie Aselton on going from mumblecore to thriller—and directing her own nude scenes TV Roundtable: Boobies, pee-pees, codependence, and grounding the shenanigans with heart
- Rihanna Working on Eighth Album [Pic] One Direction to Release Fourth Book This Summer Beyonce Reveals Battle With Tonsillitis + 'Grown Woman' Choreography in Mrs. Carter Show Tour Videos
Will their collaboration yield Smith's first release in 8 years?Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Tickets go on sale on FridayTuesday, May 21, 2013
She is woman, hear her roarTuesday, May 21, 2013
Keyboardist died today of cancerMonday, May 20, 2013