Watch: Tori Amos sees something you can't in 'Carry' clip
Check out the cinematic first video from 'Night of Hunters'
Tori Amos’s “Night of Hunters” has just spawned its first video: today, the singer released “Carry,” the clip for the opening single from the Deutsche Grammophone set out Sept. 20.
The album features Amos, who sounds her most Kate Bush-like here, drawing from such composers as Chopin and Granados to tell a modern love story.
[More after the jump...]
The wistful song is a lovely tune about how people never really leave us and how we never forget them. The appropriately haunting clip, which combines performance with gorgeous landscapes and graveyards, is a little strange in that as Amos plays the piano, she looks to her right as if she’s singing to someone. It’s not to us viewers because she’s looking off camera much of the time. Maybe she’s singing to one of the spirits she’s singing about. I learned a very long time ago that trying to figure out Amos is a fruitless pursuit, and that it’s best to just enjoy her. Does anyone know if it’s her daughter in the video?
By the way, if you share the video to your Facebook page, it will unlock another track from the album, "Shattering Sea."
As we previously reported, Amos starts a U.S. tour in Atlanta on Nov. 29.
News From Our Partners
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Captures Top Digital Song Honor at 2013 Billboard Music Awards Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Win Best Rap Song for 'Thrift Shop' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 2013 Billboard Music Awards Gets a Tour From Taylor Swift's '22′ Performance [Video]
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Confirmed, Steven Moffat to Return The Wrap Up: Behind-the-Scenes Image from 'Godzilla' Shows a Train in Peril Batman: Arkham Origins Will See the Return of Kevin Conroy
Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber and Prince set to performSunday, May 19, 2013
So is the new album title really 'Yeezus?'Sunday, May 19, 2013
'The Great Gatsby' and Beyonce's bey-bey also make the listSunday, May 19, 2013
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013