Watch: Tim McGraw's last video for Curb Records, 'Felt Good on My Lips"
Country superstar goes back to the live well one more time
Tim McGraw’s loves himself some live videos. We wish he’s throw us a few more conceptual clips, but we’ll also freely admit we never tire of seeing him gladhanding his audience in his tighter-than-tight t-shirts and jeans.
In his new clip for “Felt Good on My Lips,” which premiered today on CMT.com, there are moments where McGraw, who stars opposite Gwyneth Paltrow in the upcoming "Country Strong," seems to be singing the words to “Felt Good on My Lips,” but the vast majority of shots are taken from such a distance that he could be singing any song at any concert at any point.
That’s what happens when you’re unhappy with your label and at the end of your deal-- you just want to move on--and this video reflects that. It’s pretty much a cut-and-paste job.
The sweet, upbeat “Felt Good on My Lips,” the only new song on Nov. 30’s “Number One Hits,” finally fulfills McGraw’s contract with Curb and it’s been a long and often contentious (as well as tremendously rewarding, at times) relationship. For those keeping count, this marks the fourth time that Curb has repackaged his hits: There’s the original “Greatest Hits” in 2000, “Reflected: Greatest Hits Vol. 2” in 2006 and “Greatest Hits 3” in 2008,whose release delayed McGraw’s last new studio album for Curb, 2009’s “Southern Voice.” After GH3 came out, McGraw talked about how disappointed he was that Curb was going back to the well so soon for another greatest hits when he’d only put out one studio album between GH2 and GH3. At that point, the gloves were pretty much off.
We’ll be happy for McGraw when he gets his new label deal and we get back to some interesting concept videos. No word on if he’s signing with another label or going the self-release route.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013
They let their fingers do the talkingFriday, May 17, 2013
How do you auto-tune a smurf?Friday, May 17, 2013
The Twitterverse says yes, her rep says noFriday, May 17, 2013