Watch: Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles gets her sexy on in new video 'Tonight'
See her love affair with a wind machine
Sugarland’s Jennifer Nettles is really eager for the night to get here. In the band’s new video for “Tonight,” Nettles runs through three scenarios as she sings, waiting for her lover to arrive. No matter how great he may be, we’re not so sure her lover will be able to compete with the ever-present fan blowing her hair in each scene.
We’re a huge fan of Nettles’ voice, but, quite frankly, she just seems awkward here, especially in the second vignette where she’s self-consciously dancing/shimmying alone on a stage in a hideous outfit. In the third scene--in an all-white bedroom-- she crawls and rolls around on the bed waiting for her man giving her best sultry stare right into the camera. You can almost hear some sleazy cameraman saying to her, “Make love to the camera, baby.”
[More after the jump...]
This is no pan of Nettles’ acting abilities; we don’t think Meryl Streep could pull this off. Plus, Nettles is hilarious in the video for “Stuck Like Glue.” I kept waiting for her to dissolve into giggles here. This plays more like an audition reel for a Lifetime movie. As usual, her Sugarland partner Kristian Bush is relegated to backing musician.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Behind The Shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' Finale WATCH: Tobias Fünke's New Sizzle Reel Is Epic JLo Steals Spotlight On 'American Idol'
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
They let their fingers do the talkingFriday, May 17, 2013
How do you auto-tune a smurf?Friday, May 17, 2013
The Twitterverse says yes, her rep says noFriday, May 17, 2013
Watch the Foo Fighters' hilarious speech now before it airs on HBOThursday, May 16, 2013