Watch: Matthew Morrison's video for 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow'
What would Judy Garland think?
Diehard Gleeks know that Mr. Shuester, oops, we mean Matthew Morrison, has a solo album coming out. The "Glee" star's solo album features Morrison duetting on “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” with Gwyneth Paltrow, aka Holly Holiday, as well as a collaborating with Elton John on a medley of “Mona Lisas and Madhatters” and “Rocket Man.”
To whet your appetite, Morrison’s label, Mercury, has released this very low key Paltrow-less video of “Somewhere Over the Rainbow.” Watch it here. You can buy it on iTunes starting today. Although to use the word video is really a bit of a misnomer, since it’s a collection of stills of Morrison playing the song up against a gross, dingy white background. This has the production values of one of those little flip books that you used to have as a kid: you know, the kind that would kind you would flip the pages as quickly as possible to make the ballerina dance.
[More after the jump...]
And, quite frankly, if they’re going to do something this cheesy (although it may be intentionally so), why not just throw a few stills of Paltrow in there? We especially like the photo, which gets repeated more than once, of Morrison rocking the uke like it’s a Stratocaster with his foot pushing against the credenza. We’re guessing that since the album is coming out on Mercury, which is part of Universal Music Group, and Sony Music’s Columbia Records puts out all the “Glee” albums, that using any “Glee” footage of the two was verboten.
News From Our Partners
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Eight: Blue Is The Warmest Color captures a relationship’s rawness and beauty Hear This: Pantera’s “Walk” is the cry of aggrieved, disaffected youth Watch This: Vanishing Point caters to car nuts and existentialists alike
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
- Quicksilver in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past': Evan Peters Cast as Magneto's Son 'Poltergeist' Reboot May Actually Be a Sequel Brad Pitt Shocks Fans at 'World War Z' Screening (VIDEO)
- Less Jaywalking, More Web-friendly Clips: Dos and Don'ts for Seth Meyers' Late Night Career What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Nashville Season Finale Review: Funerals, Proposals, Car Accidents, Oh My?
- The Saturdays Are Sexy Housewives Seeking a 'Gentleman' in New Video Enter for a Chance to See Emblem3 Live on 'Good Morning America!' Bruno Mars Rumored for 'American Idol' Judge Spot
- Is There Hope For Jaime & Brienne Shippers? PHOTOS: Inside Lucille Austero's New Apartment WATCH: Full-Length Trailers For 'The Millers,' 'Hostages' And 'Mom'
- The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced
- Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More Video: The Hangover Part III Cast Interviews
Go behind the scenes of the new magical Las Vegas extravaganzaThursday, May 23, 2013
Quartet hopes to put out new set 'in the next year'Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Daft Punk scores its first Top 10 hitWednesday, May 22, 2013
Will their collaboration yield Smith's first release in 8 years?Tuesday, May 21, 2013