Watch: Jason DeRulo's new video for 'It Girl'
A beautiful lady, a mansion, some champagne. What more could you want?
Jason DeRulo is ready to commit, ladies. He’s looking for “25 to life” if you’re his “It Girl.”
The song is from DeRulo’s second album, “Future History,” which comes out Sept. 27. It follows the much catchier "Don't Wanna Go Home," which peaked at No. 14 on Billboard's Hot 100.
The Colin Tilly-directed clip, shot partially in a mansion overlooking the Pacific Ocean, shows Derulo’s softer side. "For the video, I wanted it to be an open book," Derulo told MTV News. "I wanted it to be almost like a photo album, so every single scene is kind of like a picture that you're kind of looking into our relationship. So it is a 1920s vibe, it's black and white, very high fashion — you know, you'll see me very dapper in 1920s, Frank Sinatra-ish. So you'll see the cars from that era, you'll definitely feel the vibe of the house having that 1920s vibe as well. So it's very different and very intimate, and it's not a lot of dancing — it's more personal."
[More after the jump...]
When he’s not busy showing off his dance moves, he’s living the high life wiht his lady in their palatial estate. He sings to her, she wraps her legs around him, they pose in some awesome topiary gardens. It’s not the most thrilling of videos, and he may want to think twice about moonwalking in a video-- someone did it before him and better-- but it’s a nice change of pace from some of his more hectic, gruffer clips.
News From Our Partners
- Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More Video: The Hangover Part III Cast Interviews
- Podmass: David Sedaris describes his bath time, cicadas are explained, and Wompler returns Interview: Mitchell Hurwitz talks about the resurrection of Arrested Development AVQ&A: What pop-culture family would you want to join?
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Less Jaywalking, More Web-friendly Clips: Dos and Don'ts for Seth Meyers' Late Night Career
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
- Quicksilver in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past': Evan Peters Cast as Magneto's Son 'Poltergeist' Reboot May Actually Be a Sequel Brad Pitt Shocks Fans at 'World War Z' Screening (VIDEO)
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Scoop: 'Callie Isn't A Victim' 'Supernatural's' Surprising Ratings Victory Three Years Later, People Are Still Livid About 'Lost'
- The Saturdays Are Sexy Housewives Seeking a 'Gentleman' in New Video Enter for a Chance to See Emblem3 Live on 'Good Morning America!' Bruno Mars Rumored for 'American Idol' Judge Spot
- The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced
Go behind the scenes of the new magical Las Vegas extravaganzaThursday, May 23, 2013
Quartet hopes to put out new set 'in the next year'Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Daft Punk scores its first Top 10 hitWednesday, May 22, 2013
Will their collaboration yield Smith's first release in 8 years?Tuesday, May 21, 2013