Watch: Hanson's new clip for 'Thinking 'Bout Somethin''
Trio takes a page from the Blues Brothers; dancing in the streets ensues
We love the fact that history is looking very positively at Hanson, whom some critics dismissed as a just another boy band when the three boys first appeared in the mid-‘90s. “MMMBop” routinely shows up on best pop singles of all time lists, as it rightfully should. (The notoriously snooty Village Voice Pazz & Jop Poll named it best single of the year in 1997).
The three brothers, Isaac, Taylor and Zac, debuted a new video today on Myspace for the apostrophe-challenged “Thinking ‘Bout Somethin’,” the first single from the trio’s forthcoming album, “ Shout It Out.”
The clip replicates a scene in “The Blues Brothers,” (hence the ever-present shades) where their music causes a spontaneous outburst of dancing in the streets---now known as a flashmob. Hanson begins playing the tune, which sounds like it belongs on Stax Records with its horns and jubilant beats—in a music store in downtown Tulsa and as the sounds pour forth, 300 locals break into dance. Among the locals? Two of Taylor Hanson’s kids. Tell me you don’t feel old now…
Watch the video a few times and you’ll catch new stuff each time: Who’s playing tambourine? (Hint: he looks very different than how you’re used to seeing him). Also check out who the hippie dude playing the bass is.
Just for fun, after the embed for the “Thinking ‘Bout Somethin’,” we embedded our go-to clip when we need to go to our happy place: as my fellow fans will know, “The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson” occasionally opens with a musical number, often with puppets and Bondage Boy. Here, Ferguson, Wavy the the Alligator and a few friends perform an absolutely joyous version of “MMMBop.” It’s guaranteed to make your day a little brighter.
News From Our Partners
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- 'Da Vinci's Demons' Review: "The Devil" 'Assassin's Creed' Movie Slated For Memorial Day 2015 Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas'
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013
They let their fingers do the talkingFriday, May 17, 2013
How do you auto-tune a smurf?Friday, May 17, 2013
The Twitterverse says yes, her rep says noFriday, May 17, 2013